Salines Garden Cottages or Sunset - one night on back end of trip

agenova

SBH Member
We need two rooms for a one night stay on the back end of our trip in April and are contemplating either Salines Garden Cottages or the Sunset. My wife and I have stayed at the Sunset on numerous occasions for one night on the front end of our trips and have enjoyed it due to its location in town and views of the harbor. We will be traveling with another couple who are first time visitors and want to stay an extra night past our villa's availability. I haven't seen much feedback on the Forum regarding Salines Garden Cottages but the pictures look quite charming. Does anyone have a perspective they could share? Many thanks.

Dave

We will be at Salines Garden Cottages for a single night this trip before a villa stay. For us, it was the only game in town as everything else was booked. The TripAdvisor reviews are very positive and there's a pool and breakfast included. I would base your decision on where you want to dine your last night or if you want to do a final evening stroll through Gustavia. We'll be dining at Tamarin our first night, so it's right in the neighborhood.

For your first time visitors it is an easy decision- Sunset with the views and easy access to Gustavia. Access to any restaurant on the island is easy but the Gardens have no view. For just you, it might be fun to enjoy the Saline area with a stroll to either Tamarin, l'Esprit or GDS and the Saline beach. Something different. Someone else can comment- being down 'in the island' with the salt pond next door, there could be the issue of the bugs.