What's the saying? So many restaurants...

TJH

SBH Insider
Consider this a prelude to a post... (because you're the only people who will understand!)

After visits in 1991 and then 2000-2014, we've been away for a few years but have just planned a last-minute week to SBH and I couldn't be more excited! We've got our flights and are narrowing down accommodations. To help in the decision, I thought I'd put together a list of restaurants, including our old favorites and new ones I'm looking forward to trying. To frame this exercise, understand that in the last four years we've spent almost eight weeks in St John, where there are three restaurants we love and a handful of others that we like an awful lot. When we travel with the family for 10 days, we usually pack a lunch for the beach as one does on St John, go out for lunch a couple of times, go out to dinner half the time and have a simple dinner at the villa half the time, and it's an arrangement that makes everyone happy.

This morning making the SBH list....I've "narrowed" my preferences to 20...how do I tell my husband that we need to extend our week-long trip to three weeks??? :thinking1: ;)

"how do I tell my husband that we need to extend our week-long trip to three weeks???"

"Love of my life, here's the story. We need to extend the holiday to three weeks." (easy peasy) :pray1: ;)

‘Honey
You have shared with me how wonderful our years have been together since the day we met. What a wonderful start it would be for our next chapter with three weeks in our favorite place!’

If you typically spend eight weeks a year on St. John (sigh...), it wouldn't be a stretch to move three of those weeks to St. Barth. If you end up with "just" a week, that's gives you seven lunches and seven dinners, so you can cross off 14 of the 20. There are lots of people on this forum who are passionate about dining on SBH and we'd be happy to help you narrow down your list. There's also quite a few recent restaurant reviewers from travelers who were very generous about sharing their experiences with us. :cool:

You are all hilarious! After 35 years together, I know what I can get away with and what I can't!!

Jeanette - that's eight weeks in four years on St John...I *WISH* it was eight weeks in a year!! That would be a dream...anywhere, really.

Trust me, I've followed along here for years, which is why it was so easy to come up with a "short" list of 20 restaurants. I'll be able to narrow it down for this year, but will obviously have to make some tough choices.

My plan, as one does on SBH, is to make plans for the next trip before leaving, using our "missed" restaurants as incentive (see how I do that?)
(shhh...it's our secret....)

sign.png