Thread: Tour with Hlne?

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2013 Chicago, IL Posts: 139

Tour with Hlne?

Hello all - -

Has anyone ever done the island tour with Hlne Bernier? Will be coming to the island this summer with some friends whom have never been to SBH and thought a tour would be a nice introduction. I am going to email her for details, but was just wondering if anyone on the forum has ever taken the tour?

TIA

Q

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,662

Re: Tour with Hlne?

I may be wrong, but I thought she was out of that business and driving a taxi "full-time". Ellen will know.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 4,941

she does both

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 10,448

Like Diana said, and she gives very good tours, I'd recommend her.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,187

People who have ‘toured’ with her that we know give excellent reviews.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,165

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought she was out of that business and driving a taxi "full-time".
    This may be the saddest thing I've read on this forum that didn't involve someone's passing.

Glad to hear she's still in the eco-business

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,143

I have noticed two increased industries..bollard manufacture and installations, and parking lots. And here is a third-Taxis. Easy to spot...they are huge to carry 4, 6 or even 8 passengers and they tie up traffic when discharging their fares and fill up the roadway.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2013 Chicago, IL Posts: 139

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    I have noticed two increased industries..bollard manufacture and installations, and parking lots. And here is a third-Taxis. Easy to spot...they are huge to carry 4, 6 or even 8 passengers and they tie up traffic when discharging their fares and fill up the roadway.
    I noticed the increase in taxis on this last trip (just got back to Chicago) as well. I thought maybe it was just more busy than I remember because I am usually on-island during slow season.

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,221

I don't think that there is an island in the Caribbean where the subject of taxi licenses and controls on taxis isn't a lightning rod. I don't get the impression that there are more taxis on St Barth, as I think that I've read that the island is reluctant to give out more licenses. There are definitely larger taxis, those able to take a group of cruise trip passengers or day trippers on a lucrative island tour, and more luxury taxis (BMW, Mercedes, etc.). There may be more active taxis, as I'm also under the impression (possibly mistaken) that someone with a taxi license who is not active may be able to transfer it to someone who wishes to become a taxi.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 10,448

There are also a few non-taxi services such as St Barth Mobility, who we are using to take Rosemond back and forth to physical therapy everyday... a but pricey but good if you don't want to DUI...

Name:  Hector.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  413.0 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,143

Upwards of 28 I have been informed.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.