Tour with Hèléne?

le_reve

Senior Insider
Hello all - -

Has anyone ever done the island tour with Hèléne Bernier? Will be coming to the island this summer with some friends whom have never been to SBH and thought a tour would be a nice introduction. I am going to email her for details, but was just wondering if anyone on the forum has ever taken the tour?

TIA

Q

I may be wrong, but I thought she was out of that business and driving a taxi "full-time". Ellen will know.

I have noticed two increased industries..bollard manufacture and installations, and parking lots. And here is a third-Taxis. Easy to spot...they are huge to carry 4, 6 or even 8 passengers and they tie up traffic when discharging their fares and fill up the roadway.

I have noticed two increased industries..bollard manufacture and installations, and parking lots. And here is a third-Taxis. Easy to spot...they are huge to carry 4, 6 or even 8 passengers and they tie up traffic when discharging their fares and fill up the roadway.

I noticed the increase in taxis on this last trip (just got back to Chicago) as well. I thought maybe it was just more busy than I remember because I am usually on-island during slow season.

I don't think that there is an island in the Caribbean where the subject of taxi licenses and controls on taxis isn't a lightning rod. I don't get the impression that there are more taxis on St Barth, as I think that I've read that the island is reluctant to give out more licenses. There are definitely larger taxis, those able to take a group of cruise trip passengers or day trippers on a lucrative island tour, and more luxury taxis (BMW, Mercedes, etc.). There may be more active taxis, as I'm also under the impression (possibly mistaken) that someone with a taxi license who is not active may be able to transfer it to someone who wishes to become a taxi.

There are also a few non-taxi services such as St Barth Mobility, who we are using to take Rosemond back and forth to physical therapy everyday... a but pricey but good if you don't want to DUI...

Hector.jpg