SBH 10 Fathoms Below III: Shark!

Wow...very cool...Just as long as he and his friends stay away from the beach areas where people swim!

Jim-
Local people we have talked to tell us there are plenty of sharks all around the island but no one is aware of any ever bothering anybody. One person said that it is believed the island harbors shark breeding grounds- babies are born and the sharks go about raising their families and 'mind their business.'

Thanks for taking us along! I am sure you have said before but what is your camera?

Here is a short video, Best of Sharks and Rays St-Barth, that chronicles the work of Kap Natirel, entre Terre & Mer and shows some of the different types found in the waters around the island (shark shots begin ~9:00, French with English subtitles).

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_logo&time_continue=641&v=YfZ0fSLD8zs[/video]

(not embedding so the link will have to do...)

Thanks for the link, Izzy. I enjoyed the video. My camera is a Panasonic Lumix 14 megapixel point-and-shoot type camera with Leica optics. For diving it is contained in an underwater housing. For still photography underwater the camera is joined by an Ikelight AF35 underwater flash unit.

Thanks for taking us along! I am sure you have said before but what is your camera?

Here is a short video, Best of Sharks and Rays St-Barth, that chronicles the work of Kap Natirel, entre Terre & Mer and shows some of the different types found in the waters around the island (shark shots begin ~9:00, French with English subtitles).

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_logo&time_continue=641&v=YfZ0fSLD8zs[/video]

(not embedding so the link will have to do...)

Thanks for the link, Izzy. I enjoyed the video. My camera is a Panasonic Lumix 14 megapixel point-and-shoot type camera with Leica optics. For diving it is contained in an underwater housing. For still photography underwater the camera is joined by an Ikelight AF35 underwater flash unit.

Thanks - we had a waterproof Nikon that didn't make a fathom , let alone 10...