AA does it again

ccg

SBH Insider
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Everyone stay on top of your reservations! No message or email from AA with significant changes to our travel plans in May. We are flying out of Charlotte and they moved the flight back so we had to change our SBC reservations. Thank goodness SBC is great to work with and changed us to the 4pm flight.

Can’t wait to see the island in the Spring!

Charlotte

UGH! AA changed our itinerary SJU-CLT-IND to a 44 minute connection from two plus hours in CLT. Needless to say we missed the connection and arrived home at 2AM (3AM St. Barth time), after taking at 12:50 Tradewind to SJU. AA knew we weren't going to make that connection but they said it was a 'legal' connecting time.

Oh, no. I hope they don’t change ours in April 2020. I am counting the days down for 8 weeks to when we arrive back on the island, our first time since wonderful Irma came visiting. I am so looking forward to it I can’t tell you. Can’t wait to visit the wonderful restaurants and beaches again... always looking for referrals, hint hint...

AA just changed our connection in June from 1.5 hours to 35 minutes in Charlotte... that should be interesting

AA just changed our connection in June from 1.5 hours to 35 minutes in Charlotte... that should be interesting

Thanks for the post earlier today...I checked our June flights to west coast based on your tip that I read at 930am today...sure enough...AA schedule changes were there, departure, arrival times & flight numbers. We had 1 hr 21 min connection time between flights, now to be 4 hrs 46 min. Will be unacceptable so will get refund based on AA's "guidelines for schedule changes." And as I was printing out the rules an email came in from AA advising me of "your flight changed." Amazing, notification hardly ever happens or on the same day changes made. Even tho this not an SBH visit for us, your tip a reminder for all regardless of airline to check your records !

Thanks for the post earlier today...I checked our June flights to west coast based on your tip that I read at 930am today...sure enough...AA schedule changes were there, departure, arrival times & flight numbers. We had 1 hr 21 min connection time between flights, now to be 4 hrs 46 min. Will be unacceptable so will get refund based on AA's "guidelines for schedule changes." And as I was printing out the rules an email came in from AA advising me of "your flight changed." Amazing, notification hardly ever happens or on the same day changes made. Even tho this not an SBH visit for us, your tip a reminder for all regardless of airline to check your records !

You're very welcome! Glad you caught it. Unfortunately for us, there are no other options besides leaving at 5am which we just might have to do. We'll be leaving the Sunday after our wedding so what's 2 hour earlier anyways :tongue:

You're very welcome! Glad you caught it. Unfortunately for us, there are no other options besides leaving at 5am which we just might have to do. We'll be leaving the Sunday after our wedding so what's 2 hour earlier anyways :tongue:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage ! You chose a great place for your honeymoon ! Over 20+ visits for us so know you will enjoy all SBH has to offer, maybe you'll discover some new things for the rest of us to do !
Where do you fly from at 5am to CLT ? We start in SAV. I routinely check our flight reservations & knew something would be coming to affect us from the airline reductions.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage ! You chose a great place for your honeymoon ! Over 20+ visits for us so know you will enjoy all SBH has to offer, maybe you'll discover some new things for the rest of us to do !
Where do you fly from at 5am to CLT ? We start in SAV. I routinely check our flight reservations & knew something would be coming to affect us from the airline reductions.

Thank you!! I went about 5 years ago with my family, and knew I had to make it back ASAP. We fly from IND. Our flight is currently at 650am, but there's another option at 5am we're looking at now to make it a longer connection time. My fiance is convinced we can make it in 35 minutes bc he's very familiar with the CLT airport, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thank you!! I went about 5 years ago with my family, and knew I had to make it back ASAP. We fly from IND. Our flight is currently at 650am, but there's another option at 5am we're looking at now to make it a longer connection time. My fiance is convinced we can make it in 35 minutes bc he's very familiar with the CLT airport, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tho very early, I would suggest the 5a since CLT IS large, if you're on a smaller jet from IND, you come into usually the furthest concourse E from where your SXM or SJU flight departs, sometimes waiting for a gate. Depends on traffic so could be depart from another concourse. We start in SAV & always on the small jets, very rare to ever arrive at any other concourse but the one reserved for the smaller/regional jets. You should ideally have at least an hour between flights. There are moving sidewalks in some concourses but not all like where the regional jets arrive. You're doing carry on only ???