Tradewind Trivia

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Tradewind keeps four planes running in the Caribbean year round. They started doing this three or four years ago. In the high season, more planes are brought down from the eastern seaboard. One pilot is a resident of SBH and hence keeps a plane each night at Remy. He is a four striper Captain whose resides in PCDS as I recall. He told me he lost his roof in Irma. The planes were moved down to the southern end of the island chain during Irma. As discussed in a previous post, in Kevin’s words- the pilots practice, practice, practice breaking in new pilots not familiar with Remy and during difficult times such as strong crosswinds and/or low visibility. Seldom are they not able to land in SBH. I often see Tradewind pilots early in the morning, enjoying a little breakfast at Choisy in Lorient. Apparently Tradewind has a nearby Villa? where pilots can spend the night.

I often see Tradewind pilots early in the morning, enjoying a little breakfast at Choisy in Lorient. Apparently Tradewind has a nearby Villa? where pilots can spend the night.

We have a friend who flew with them for a while before heading off to larger carriers in the US. They do have a villa for crew, and I seem to recall it being in the Grand Cul-de-Sac area. After flying us in from San Juan one evening, he unexpectedly stayed overnight (which is how we found out about the villa) since the return flight would have been empty, and the plane needed to be back at SBH in the morning anyway. We grabbed him from the villa and had a lovely dinner at Maya's. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where the villa was since he just placed a pin on Google Maps, and we found him as we drove by in the darkness of night and he used the flashlight on his cell phone to flag us down.