Montauk is coming to St Barth

These articles often seem to miss the mark. Not sure they captured the essence of St Barth or Montauk for that matter with this comment:

"If you think about it, the partnership makes a lot of sense. Haute Hamptons happenings and Montauk mania is in the same vein as St. Barth’s energetic atmosphere, with its boisterous boîtes like Nikki Beach and Le Ti."

I love the idea of a pop-up like this on the beach that I can go to if and when I choose for a couple of hours, but would rather it be at someone else's hotel so I could also have a relaxing time away from what they describe above as well. I suspect there will be a mixed reaction to this amongst their guests and they will find themselves with more "drop-ins". Similarly I enjoy going to Nikki Beach once in a while, but I'd hate to have it at my hotel...

Le Barthelemy had a St. Barth pop-up in the Hamptons last summer. That seems to make more sense to me than bringing the Hamptons to St. Barth.

Hmmmm.......we are staying at Le Barthelemy for five nights in March and I was really looking forward to some chill time at their gorgeous pool. Very curious to see how this pop-up will be!

an energetic anthem blasting DJ :rolleyes:

at Le Barthélemy, a "private retreat... a sophisticated beachside hideaway... (where) we work tirelessly to create comfortable and elegant experiences in a serene location,... providing a quiet sanctuary along the striking beaches of St. Barts... a place where you can truly escape" according to the hotel's website...