Great night!

cec1

Senior Insider
I normally wouldn’t be writing at this time of night, but have been awakened by pounding sheets of rain — much like the wind-driven rains of hurricanes, of which I’ve been through a few on the island.

The noise & quantity of water amazes! Great to be refilling le cistern! It’s also always exciting to feel safe . . . in the eye of a storm.

This storm comes after a great Valentines evening . . . a late dinner at L’Esprit, allowing several young-&-in-love couples to take tables ahead of me while I enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and a couple of very tasty amuse bouches.

Such a great night! Missing moi espouse, but relaxing quietly & seeing great friends who were earlier in the dining rotation. I enjoyed an unusual dinner of fresh Cod with duck! Dessert was — quite unusually — an individually prepared Grand Mariner soufflé!

. . . now, as the rain is abating, I’m again falling into the arms of gentle slumber! How do we count the ways in which SBH nurtures a life of tranquility!

And what a special night it was.
As you know we saw you at L’Esprit. We had ordered in advance 4 Grand Marnier Soufflés and decided to only take 3. Herve said no worries- someone else will eat it. Voila- your soufflé!

We had ordered in advance 4 Grand Marnier Soufflés and decided to only take 3. Herve said no worries- someone else will eat it. Voila- your soufflé!

My good fortune, Bill! Actually, however, I think that your pre-order sparked an idea in the kitchen because I was told that the soufflé became the “special dessert”of the evening. I talked after dinner with the chef who prepared them . . . he is very modest, but glowed with praise coming from Jean Claude for his work.