Maya’s

andynap

Senior Insider
First thing - we got there early so self parking was abundant. A long table for 8 was quickly converted to a round table for 8 once Amy showed up. She said so we could talk more easily together. I found myself yelling at her anyway across the table. No one air kissed us upon arrival although I didn’t see anyone else get kissed either. Dennis arrived with his 2 house guests so we were ready to eat.
The wine list was ok but not many by the glass so I opted out. Randy cited the menu and added a special scallop dish for the night. I am fished out so the lamb chops looked good not only to me and several ordered them. They were excellent. They came with various vegetables a perfect accompaniment. Dessert was a melange of cakes and sorbets passed around.
It was a fun night all around. Dennis was next to me and a good conversationalist as everyone knows. He gave us a complimentary copy of his book Case e Cusine which I will read on the plane Everyone engaged my kids and they had a good time too. The place was packed when we left.
A very nice night thanks to Dennis, Amy and Phil.

Sounds wonderful Andy. You were in the best company on the Island, a winner for sure. Sounds as though you are enjoying a marvelous trip thus far. May God's peace be with you.

Andy, I knew you would like it. what a nice ending to your trip. where are the pics of the table?

Surprised Dora didn’t give hugs and kisses. Did Maya make an appearance at your table? She usually doesn’t come out though until the rush is over at the end of the evening.

Talking too much forgot to take pictures.
I was done posting on this site since some Dennis from Texas P. M. me and said you all hated me. I couldn't resist however since I saw your new avatar. You look happy and ripped. Hope it is all natural and no steroids involved. Wish everyone on this site a great life. I am visiting St. Barts soon and will love and enjoy our stay.

I was done posting on this site since some Dennis from Texas P. M. me and said you all hated me. I couldn't resist however since I saw your new avatar. You look happy and ripped. Hope it is all natural and no steroids involved. Wish everyone on this site a great life. I am visiting St. Barts soon and will love and enjoy our stay.
“You all hated me”? When was that and certainly not true. Some Dennis from Texas yells at me occasionally but I say Yes and do it anyway. Whatever it is. Lol

I don’t know what provoked that commentary, Hawke . . . but I think there are many here that would disagree & would be disappointed if you were to stop posting. Your thoughtful comments, questions, & observations have been appreciated!

Hawke
I get critiques from quite a few- often deserved- after all it is the Forum- have to ‘grin and bear it.’ And keep movin’ on.
I dropped out for about 6 mos. as it was getting downright nasty toward moi from a particular individual who is part of the Heart and Soul of the Forum. I kept on receiving PMs saying please come back.
Sorry about the PM you received saying everyone hates you. Far from the truth!

I could not agree more PLEASE continue to post.although we have yet to meet I feel a commonality that I would miss if you were not on the site!! I will look forward to a retraction of your resignation!!!

Hawke, why “Dennis” would say something like that is beyond me. I strongly doubt anyone on this forum hates you. Your posts are refreshing and thought provoking. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel that you’re not welcome here. I hope you change your mind and continue to be an active part of this forum.

I have never hated anyone, some people take this forum too seriously. as I have always said, its a chat line, nothing more. you should stay Hawke.

go ahead and hate your neighbor
go ahead and cheat a friend
do it in the name of heaven
you can justify it in the end
there won't be any trumpets blowing
come the judgement day
on the bloody morning after
one tin soldier rides away.

anyone name that tune?

so the people of the valley sent a message up the hill
asking for the buried treasure, tons of gold for which they'd kill
came an answer from the kingdom
with our brothers we will share
all the secrets of the mountain
all the treasures buried there.

Kent,
We are both contractors, you have thicker skin that most. It is a tough way to earn a living. A lot of people probably hate me as well, I do not care and will keep posting, as should you! I am extremely confident is stating, your posts are enjoyed by many

I've known Dennis from Texas for a long time and have had the pleasure of meeting him personally. He's not a bully and there had to be some catalyst for his comment, whether it's true or not. In fact, I remember Dennis' unsolicited kind and supportive words to me during some tough times in my life.

Hawke, I don't think it was very nice to use Andy's Maya's review about a dinner with friends (that was years in the making) to share a PM from a moderator.

Andy, thanks for all your reviews this week - I've read every one. I'm especially happy that you were able to return to a place you love and dine with Dennis, Amy and Phil - treasures all.

I have a hard time believing Moderator Dennis would have sent a hateful message to anyone. Most of his "scolding" messages are in response to someone being rude to another poster......And it's usually in Hopper's defense!! ;-) As Hopper himself noted, he's often on the receiving end of snark and sarcasm, but he appears to let it roll right off him.

And not to be a jerk, (too late!), but don't you regularly threaten to leave the site and never post again? This is at the least the second time I've heard you make that claim and I've been off the site for long stretches over the past few years. Honestly dude, leave the site or stay on the site. Your call, but just drop the drama.

(Fingers crossed that I'll get scolded or hated-on by a Mod for this post!!!! ;-) :biglaugh:

Andy dined with Kent , Mary, Roger, Diana, Didier, Dennis, Amy & Phil during the past week, hope I did not leave anyone out. I think Andy enjoyed each and every meal with all the friends that he dined with. I am happy that Andy went to Maya's as it had been many many years that he was there. One of my favorite dining spots.

I don’t know all with whom Andy might have dined during his visit . . . but I can say that last night at Maya’s was a memorable evening. Great food, friends, laughter, & conversation. One of those evenings when the time flew by!
Dennis (not from Texas!) . . . aka cec1