Thread: Fish Corner

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2013 Chicago, IL Posts: 139

Fish Corner

We have been meaning to try Fish Corner for some time now, but something always seems to come up. Last night, we finally went for an early dinner and were not disappointed. In fact, I think the wahoo ceviche my husband and I shared for a starter was probably one of the best things I have eaten on the island in some time. The fresh cubed wahoo was wonderful, but the accompaniments were what made the dish extra ordinary. Sweet potatoes, corn, coriander, red onion and plenty of lime were perfect together to make the fish shine. It really was amazing for such simple ingredients, and I am looking forward to having it again soon!

My husband had the bouillabaisse, full of lobster, clams, fresh fish, etc in a delicious slightly pernod-tasting broth. I had the baliste (triggerfish) meunière with mashed parsnips and cauliflower. Both were washed down with a very nice and reasonable pouilly-fuissé. Both entrées were wonderful as was the service. We opted to eat inside as the weather was a bit iffy yesterday, but they have some tables outside as well. All in all, it was a wonderful dinner and didn't break the bank. We will definitely return.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,748

Re: Fish Corner

My kids were shopping today and saw the menu outside and had a splendid lunch. Tacos with fresh tuna, grilled octopus and chorizo and conch salad. I’m sorry I missed it.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,187

We too dined at Fish Corner today- Tuna Tacos with a little salad and quinoa and Roasted Lobster ( 7 Euros/100 grs.)with cooked carrots in a swirl of puréed sweet potato and Chocolate Mousse. All accompanied by a glass of Rose.
    Tiffany, pronounced she told us Tiffan in French, our server did a nice job. They suggested we eat inside to make sure we were away from any smokers. A delightful and reasonably priced meal. Every seat was taken inside and out. We were glad we reserved a table for two.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2005 CT Posts: 998

Quote Originally Posted by le_reve View Post

My husband had the bouillabaisse, full of lobster, clams, fresh fish, etc in a delicious slightly pernod-tasting broth. I had the baliste (triggerfish) meunière with mashed parsnips and cauliflower. Both were washed down with a very nice and reasonable pouilly-fuissé. Both entrées were wonderful as was the service. We opted to eat inside as the weather was a bit iffy yesterday, but they have some tables outside as well. All in all, it was a wonderful dinner and didn't break the bank. We will definitely return.
    Love it. We had the exact same meals. Very much enjoyed.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,073

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    My kids were shopping today and saw the menu outside and had a splendid lunch. Tacos with fresh tuna, grilled octopus and chorizo and conch salad. I’m sorry I missed it.
    love the profile picture!!

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,748

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    love the profile picture!!
    Thanks Eve

Andy

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2017 Westchester, NY Posts: 83

Fish Corner ranks as one of our favorites on the island.

Tried Zion last night based on recommendation here. What a great spot. That chef isn’t too terrible to look at either!

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,639

. . . I’m a big fan of Zion — innovative menu, with food always prepared to perfection!