Favorite purchase at the bakery-

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Part of our dreams when we are not on the island is the drive or walk in the early morning to the nearby bakery. We can taste the morsels and associate memories.
For us it is the Croissant- (the Almond Croissant and the Pain de Chocolate are good but)- it is the melt in the mouth, simplicity with a little beurre and maybe a touch of jam that is our favorite.
What is yours?

Plain croissant. I get it now. I like it with just butter, just jam, or both. My favorite jams, confitures, are Figue, fraise, and abricot..

Palmier. Split with my husband. And then the next one also split with him.

This was my original favorite breakfast selection. I have added since croissants, abricot open turnovers with sugar on top and other delights, and a bag of chouquettes as other ways to start the day.

Pour moi, c’est le pain aux raisins ou le chausson aux pommes.
2B49137B-410B-4129-A1F9-49B56A18F5DC.jpeg
E3D6E22F-3600-4E58-B44C-2193F5AE4D38.jpeg

With our noses pressed up on the glass With mouths watering Cheryl loves chocolate croissants and I the plain

IMG_0903.jpg

then there is this, they make them at Choisy, they call is a Petit Suisse Chocolate.. very sinful, to be avoided at all costs, except....

IMG_0903.jpg

then there is this, they make them at Choisy, they call is a Petit Suisse Chocolate.. very sinful, to be avoided at all costs, except....

aka Brioche Suisse aux Pépites de Chocolat. Nice break from all of the pâte levée feuilletée viennoiseries. :nerd: