SBH 10 Fathoms Below

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
Tuesday afternoon I paid a return visit to a couple of St. Barth's underwater wrecks with my good friends from Serial Divers. It was a fun day of diving with some currents, which made keeping up with my much younger dive mates a bit of a challenge for this 71 year old. There were quite a nice assortment of reef inhabitants present.

P1230200.jpg

P1230206.jpg

P1230204.jpg

P1230198.jpg

P1230179.jpg

P1230175.jpg

P1230164.jpg

P1230163.jpg

P1230161.jpg

P1230155.jpg

P1230151.jpg

P1230141.jpg

Angels, grouper, tangs, lobster and a stingray...oh my! The coral looks quite colorful this year. I'm so happy you shared this, Jim; seeing what's below the surface is always fun!

Jim, I ran across these two photos tonight. They're undated, but probably from November of '95 or April of '96. They show the wrecked freighter (Matignon?) on the rocks at Les Gros Islets, prior to its eventual sinking. This ship may have been one of the wrecks which you dove.

Matignon1.jpg

Matignon2.jpg

Jim, I ran across these two photos tonight. They're undated, but probably from November of '95 or April of '96. They show the wrecked freighter (Matignon?) on the rocks at Les Gros Islets, prior to its eventual sinking. This ship may have been one of the wrecks which you dove.

Thanks, Kevin. Actually this time I dove the "Non-Stop" and a sailboat wreck. I have dived the Marignon before. Here is a link to photos I took on that wreck in 2013:

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sh...-The-Wreck-of-Marignan?highlight=Beneath+reef

Right, Marignon. Old memories can be imprecise. I have no photos of the Non-Stop. When she went down, she went down quickly, never to see the surface again.