The St.Barth's I remember

debd

Senior Insider
A few years back, there had been a rash of robberies, which was a whole new experience for us on that island. Heck, we even had a modest soft cooler taken from beside our car. Realizing we had left it at the car when we arrived at our set up location, we went back, only to find it gone.

Wind the clock to February 2020.

On Sunday, when we left the beach, we noticed a small family party going on at the entry to the beach. As we walked to the parking lot, we were greeted by the scents of something delicious cooking. This one gentleman had set up propane tanks, and was cooking huge batches of (yum) paella. Hubby suggested I take a picture. Put all my stuff down, reached in to pull out the (I thought just the) car key for Jac, and pulled out my phone for photos.

When we got back to our lodgings, I was unable to locate the entry key.

Well, this morning the we went back to the beach. There sat the key, on the shelf where the cigarette cans hang.

This is the St. Bart's I remember.

(Back in the early nineties, we realized we had left our wallet at le Select when we went to pay our bill at La Marine. Of course, the sisters told us not to worry about it. Of course, the police station was closed because it was after 5. And, of course, we got back our wallet with cash, credit cards and safe key. In return, we bought the finders several rounds of Red Stripe, at le Select.)

My sister in law left her carry on bag at the airport. They returned not expecting to locate it and it was still there safe and sound.

had a similar experience when, several years ago my wife left her carry on bag at luggage arrival. it is carry on because she puts all her jewelery (and if you know her you know theres a lot of it) in it so she can keep it with her at all times. 2 hours later when we realized it was missing and wewent back to the airport, there it was,untouched and in tact!! just another reason to love st barts I think!!

I left my phone at Marche U during our visit last January. I returned within the hour to find someone had turned it in up front.

Glad everything worked out Deb. One of the many reasons we have fallen in love with St. Barth. No place is perfect, but St. Barth is as perfect as it can get!

Years ago our beach bag fell off the back of our Moke on way home from Saline.
After retracing our steps with no luck finding our bag it was returned to us later in the day by a lovely local woman who found it and located our villa through car rental receipt in wallet...in turn she received a nice bottle of Veuve....

Our son and daughter in law rented a car from Odile for their honeymoon. Eight months later, Odile asked for my credit card when we had dropped off the car. I paid and she told me she had another bill for me. It was for a 10 day rental back in May. She said she wasn’t going to ask the honeymooners to pay. I happily paid the bill with a smile.

Our son and daughter in law rented a car from Odile for their honeymoon. Eight months later, Odile asked for my credit card when we had dropped off the car. I paid and she told me she had another bill for me. It was for a 10 day rental back in May. She said she wasn’t going to ask the honeymooners to pay. I happily paid the bill with a smile.

Wow! Not surprised from Odile, but still...

Years ago our beach bag fell off the back of our Moke on way home from Saline.
After retracing our steps with no luck finding our bag it was returned to us later in the day by a lovely local woman who found it and located our villa through car rental receipt in wallet...in turn she received a nice bottle of Veuve....

Lovely.

One of the first times we flew into our favorite place our luggage didn’t make it on our flight. I freaked out!
Toiletries, under ware omg. Big trouble. Then one of the agents at the airport said don’t worry come back on a couple of hours and your luggage should be there. I was still freaking out! However I went back a couple of hours later peaked through the doors and saw my luggage so lonely on the luggage belt. I didn’t speak French back then yet caught the eye of the gendarme behind the glass. I looked at him pointed at my luggage with obvious tears in my eyes and he waved to my luggage and opened the door. Next I was balancing myself on the luggage carousel rounding up my bags. The gendarme blew a kiss to me and I packed my mini moke. Fell in love with St. Barths that day

Wow...Just think of the money she must lose by not charging honeymooners. Just wow.