Grand Fond road

cec1

Senior Insider
Work to widen the road has resumed after a hiatus after widening was done between Hotel Le Toiny & the “Nureyev House.” Now work is at opposite end of this famous stretch of land . . . around the corner where the path begins for hiking to the Washing Machine & other pools along the coast.

Just came back from there and a trip around the island. It’s no big deal. The new road looks good.

I'll miss that old stretch of road.

IMG_2069.jpg

That’s a beautiful shot.
We call that area the Coral Graveyard. Good beach glass and Denise found a perfect conch shell last time. Customs confiscated it from her carry on in St. Martin. Someone has a nice shell.

We love that stretch but week before last, we met a big truck and we were ocean side. We literally had our wheels on the edge and our vehicles were touching with the mirrors folded in. He was talking to me in French waving his hands. My wife was scared as I wasn’t going to move backwards or forwards. He finally backed up to give me more room and we passed. That night I had trouble going to sleep thinking what if our car tipped over! Whew- a widening is definitely needed but we’ll miss those old walls. Most of them have been disassembled with the stones in the fields.