L’Isoletta

andynap

Senior Insider
I made my reservation at Tamarin too late- they were booked- so I looked at Kevin’s resto list for Sunday dinners. Very few were open so I said the first one that answers the phone is it- L’Isoletta. I have never been there and what a nice surprise. I made a 6:30 reservation and happy I did so-I got a parking space. By 7 the place was full. My kids split an appetizer of polpetta- meatballs- in a nice red sauce with a side of focaccia. I had the lasagna bolognese which was excellent. They each had the dinner salads. A very enjoyable dinner all around.

Sunday nights are typically dine in but if not, L'Isoletta is a good option, especially for take-out.
Good to have you "on-island" Andy.

I always remain surprised that the best bolognese I have EVER had was at Zee
Best in St Maarten. It amazes me that this dish is delicious in a toasty climate.

... so I looked at Kevin’s resto list for Sunday dinners. Very few were open...

Reason #1 for the original Resto list - My inability to remember who is open for dinner on Sunday night. (I’m getting better at that, LOL)
Reason #2 was Tim’s wondering how many restaurants there are on St Barth. (At the time, I think that the count was 83.)

Andy
Don’t know about Sundays but sometime try Fish Corner. Beware- friends tell us that although their outside tables look preferable, it is full of the smokers. Eat inside.

That Lasagna Bolognese is their most raved about dish..great choice for a first timer. Wait, you must read this forum.hahaha.

Hope all are well and you get to enjoy a sunny day.

We LOVE L'Isoletta and go at least twice every trip! We're more about long, leisurely (boozy) lunches, so casual dinner options are key for us. Their pizza isn't talked about much on here, but it is so, so good. And we always start with the mache salad with fresh mozzarella in a lemon dressing -- so refreshing, light, perfect for a beach vacation. Because we are super un-cool, we often stroll in long before any other dinner patrons and they always manage to find us a table even if they are booked for reservations a little later. Highly recommend!