Flavored Rums at Marche U

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
There are three makers/brands available at MarcheU and all are well represented- Ma Bou Bou, Chez Ginette and La Gloriette. We love Gloriette’s vanilla most and second their Cafe. We have Ginettes at home in the states and the fruits in their bottles age well over time such as the banana. We have never tried Bou Bou.

Ma Doudou is a rum which comes from Cul de a sac on St Martin. They’ve been in business for years.

I got a La Pinta Punch Vanille at Oasis this morning. My kids really got addicted to the after dinner rum.

I think the mistake was in the name: Ma Doudou, not Bou Bou. They have a distinctive madras tie around the top of the bottle. As Kevin notes, it comes from St. Martin and has been available at MarchéU/Match as long as I can remember.

I think the mistake was in the name: Ma Doudou, not Bou Bou. They have a distinctive madras tie around the top of the bottle. As Kevin notes, it comes from St. Martin and has been available at MarchéU/Match as long as I can remember.

Ahhhh, I shouldn't post while fuzzy from cold meds.

Speaking of Boubou... I remember a Boubou who owned Do Brazil an ran a summer music festival with Yannick Noah. We loved both.

They have a distinctive madras tie around the top of the bottle.

Madras, the Indian plaid fabric originally spun from banana plant fibers, has an ancient and fascinating history and is, for various reasons, inextricably tied to Antilles créole culture.

E5C9F0C6-F620-4E94-918E-B3029E781DDA.jpeg

I could see our dashing man about town Dennis C making an appearance at L’Esprit or Maya’s sporting one of these.

4C9C5D4D-7402-44A5-9345-20BB88846FFC.jpeg

I could see our dashing man about town Dennis C making an appearance at L’Esprit or Maya’s sporting one of these.

View attachment 51342

That’s very funny, Cass, because I have shorts that are identical to that jacket . . . and have been seen in them frequently in recent days! Such soft, comfortable cotton . . . even if a bit garish!

That’s very funny, Cass, because I have shorts that are identical to that jacket . . . and have been seen in them frequently in recent days! Such soft, comfortable cotton . . . even if a bit garish!
Yes but oh those legs. :mad: