The Super Moon tonight-

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Last night on the island, at least from Pte. Milou, the whole sea was lit up almost like it was daylight. Tonight will be even more spectacular. Best viewing is VERY early in the morning.

We have been lucky to see the Super Moon twice on St. Barts. Once out at Gloriette and the other floating in Marigot Bay. Denise was with me for the first one, but there is no way she will go in the water after the sun has set. She saw it from the deck.

We have been lucky to see the Super Moon twice on St. Barts. Once out at Gloriette and the other floating in Marigot Bay. Denise was with me for the first one, but there is no way she will go in the water after the sun has set. She saw it from the deck.

Both of you would love the sounds of waves brought into Marigot Bay by the full (“snow,” as it’s being called) moon! Not to mention the light. Reminiscent for me of illumination of bright flashlights as a young Boy Scout camper!

I was there for a late lunch, & the moon already was a beacon in the sky!

We will return this coming May and the full moon will be in its glory on May 18th...the “Flower Moon” according to the Farmers Almanac. Would love to have dinner at Le Sereno that night. I am wondering where the moon rise, and the best place to view it, would be on on St. Barth that evening?! I’ll have to do some research on that.

We will return this coming May and the full moon will be in its glory on May 18th...the “Flower Moon” according to the Farmers Almanac. Would love to have dinner at Le Sereno that night. I am wondering where the moon rise, and the best place to view it, would be on on St. Barth that evening?! I’ll have to do some research on that.

Best table for two — #10.

Right you are Dennis. That’s where we were when Phil got his palm tree framed moon shot

Amy got this moon shot last night.

DSCN1436.JPG

Incredible clarity! I just took a shot of the moon, also from SBH, but cannot achieve such definition. Quite beautiful, Amy!

Both of you would love the sounds of waves brought into Marigot Bay by the full (“snow,” as it’s being called) moon! Not to mention the light. Reminiscent for me of illumination of bright flashlights as a young Boy Scout camper!

In 1996, we stayed at the old Sea Horse Hotel (now condos) overlooking Marigot Bay, which is prettier now with the marine park (no boats) designation.
I thought Comet Hale Bopp might be visible and packed binoculars for the trip. Views were magnificent in the otherwise dark sky, along with waves coming in as my good friend Dennis describes. The French couple in the unit above us exclaimed "Comete" as I passed them up the binocs for a better view.
We became hooked on St Barth that trip.

20+ yrs later...our view snapped from a cell camera last month, as a just a "regular" moon rose over the Flamands hillside, my opinion, still high on "romantique".

Jan 15.jpg

Love the pics. Remember a super moon over Marigot Bay years ago before cell phones and we had left our camera at El Sereno. Thanks Amy and st. Barths lover.