Travel day

andynap

Senior Insider
Easy day from PHL/SXM. AA was on time and a good thing too because 20 minutes after we took off there was a tornado warning which shut the airport down. Into SXM on time and Premium IV waiting for my kids to get them to the ferry on time. To the front of the immigration line and out the door. I took SB Commuter and hit the island 12 minutes later. Rosita waiting for me at Gumbs and off to Les Basses. What a beautiful place. Fridge was stocked and off to pick the kids up at the ferry. There is a separate ferry parking lot mostly for taxis and officials but I parked on the sidewalk. Picked up kids and to Les Bananiers later. Easy day.

Isn’t this a nice view to wake up to?

345451F2-37C7-437A-9C69-5468B7EF773E.jpg

A lovely view indeed, Andy! Have a great time with your family. We will look forward to your on-island reporting!

I very much like waking up to that view, and I'm very happy with that location. I hope that you enjoy your stay there as much as we enjoy ours.

I'm so jealous. Nothing like walking across the street for croissants and looking out on that view enjoying them with coffee and then a morning walk on the beach while getting ready for a day in paradise. Wait until Sunday when there are so many surfers in front of you that you can't even count them!!!

Easy day from PHL/SXM. AA was on time and a good thing too because 20 minutes after we took off there was a tornado warning which shut the airport down. Into SXM on time and Premium IV waiting for my kids to get them to the ferry on time. To the front of the immigration line and out the door. I took SB Commuter and hit the island 12 minutes later. Rosita waiting for me at Gumbs and off to Les Basses. What a beautiful place. Fridge was stocked and off to pick the kids up at the ferry. There is a separate ferry parking lot mostly for taxis and officials but I parked on the sidewalk. Picked up kids and to Les Bananiers later. Easy day.

Isn’t this a nice view to wake up to?

View attachment 51302
So great to see the excitement in your post. Beautiful picture. Have a great time with your family

Thank you. First time without my wife. Very melancholy.
You just brought tears to my eyes. The fact that you are with family is knowing that you will be heading in the right direction dealing with your grief. Enjoy the time with them and add new memories with your family.

You just brought tears to my eyes. The fact that you are with family is knowing that you will be heading in the right direction dealing with your grief. Enjoy the time with them and add new memories with your family.
Thanks Kent

Andy
Welcome.
Hopefully your family and being in a favorite spot will bring happiness as you feel your grief.
Glad all worked out and you avoided the airport shutdown! Whew!

Have a wonderful visit sharing your memories and introducing this island to your children! Looking forward to reading your trip highlights!