Parking

Parking is free between 8PM and 8AM, and I think on Sundays and on bank holidays.

I’ve always paid at the kiosk. I wasn’t aware that cards of any sort are accepted at the exit.

Parked in lot today for a catamaran trip. Used non chip and pin credit card at exit. Reader scanned my ticket then I inserted credit card. No receipt was offered so I hope everything is all good. Tried to use AMEX first and that didn't work so used VISA.

Parked in lot today for a catamaran trip. Used non chip and pin credit card at exit. Reader scanned my ticket then I inserted credit card. No receipt was offered so I hope everything is all good. Tried to use AMEX first and that didn't work so used VISA.

Good to know that it works.

Speaking about parking. Since I decided my days on Nantucket are over; how was it finding parking in town this past summer? Hope all is well.

Read my post above - parking was miserable in late July/early August. The parking lots were full every night the five nights we dined in Gustavia, so we parked illegally on the sidewalk in front of Orega and Eddy's most nights. Given the current ticketing situation, valet parking suddenly seems like an inexpensive option.

We typically travel in March for the Bucket and parking in the Gustavia lots was easier at night than for our summer trip.

Two exploding local industries..taxi cabs and paid valet lots.

Oh, and installing bollards to take away parking privileges.

I am thinking that a finicular to take shoppers from the high road to the quay and the heart of Gustavia as the next traffic solution. Down to town, possible. Back up to the new parking lot...not likely.

Pardon my ignorance but what is "Wheels UP"?

103767090_7f0100b71a_o.jpg

Thank you John for participating on the Forum. You are the greatest wealth of St. Barths knowledge. You are one of the most clever posters.

There are still places where people park that are often difficult to maneuver by such as the hill coming back into town by Bonito, in Lorient on the away from ocean side before proceeding up the big hill, on the narrowest part of Grand Fond where the road hasn’t been modified and so on. I wish the Gendarmes would patrol those nuisances a little more diligently.