Local sporting events on the island

Jeanette

Senior Insider
Hello everyone. I was intrigued by Dadto6's mention of his grandsons (sons?) practicing with the local St. Barth soccer team. I am traveling with former NCAA athletes who would love to see local sporting events. I Googled for a calendar of island events and only saw major sailing events. Does anybody have a suggestion for how I can find out what's going on the last week in February?

Head over to the Stadium in the evening during the week. Usually, soccer is happening, archery and Jiu Jitsu next to the archery building.
Was my grandson and granddaughter that participated in the Men and Women soccer match's and practices.

Hello everyone. I was intrigued by Dadto6's mention of his grandsons (sons?) practicing with the local St. Barth soccer team. I am traveling with former NCAA athletes who would love to see local sporting events. I Googled for a calendar of island events and only saw major sailing events. Does anybody have a suggestion for how I can find out what's going on the last week in February?

Are you still here on Saturday evening Feb 29.. the Barracudas rugby team will be playing at the stadium in St Jean and they are league champions, a very good team!
free entry...I think it starts at 7pm.

Great suggestion Ellen. We watched the Barracudas play, they are excellent, an extremely professional team. Having conducted many trips to South Africa and watched many Rugby matches, it is a cult in South Africa.

Drats, we leave on the 29th and will miss the Barracudas.

DT6 - thanks for the suggestion to head over to the stadium (a first for me). My son would really love that.

Check out the Barracuda's facebook page, someone we know went to see them play in Guadeloupe....

barracudas facebook.png