Le Select 50th program needed

EddyG

SBH Insider
I'm putting a photo book together for the Le Select 70th anniversary and wanted to include photos and info about the 50th and 60th. Marius can't find the 50th program. If anyone has one and can email a photo of the 2 sides please let me know. Trying to include as many details as I can. Almost 1,000 images will be in it. Thanks.

Eddy, I have several copies at home. I’ll scan one for you tonight. I may have Le Journal from that week too.

Hi Ed,

Here are the 3 pages from the Program for the 50th. The back (4th) page is blank. I had to cut the resolution down in order to upload them here. I can email them at 600dpi or park them on a sharing site if you need me to. Send me a PM with your email if you would like me to do that.

Program Page 1 LR.jpg

Program Page 2  LR.jpg

Program Page 3 LR.jpg

I also have a 20-page "Select Through The Ages" pamphlet. Here's the front cover, one of the few pages in color. Again, I had to cut the resolution down in order to staty within SBHOnline limitations. Marius may have the pamphlet in his archive. If not, and you think that it would be helpful, I can scan the rest of it.

Le Select Through The Ages Front LR.jpg

I do have a copy of LJSB from November 3, 1999, which has a number of Le Select-related articles. Here's most of the front cover. My scanner isn't big enough to scan the entire pages. You may be able to get this out of the LJSB archives, Issue No. 372.

LJSB 372 1999 03 Nov P1.jpg

Timing is everything. I am doing a massive purge of files in preparation for a major move. All of this material turned up last week. Instead of going directly to the recycle bin, I set it aside to reconsider "save vs. purge". 10 days ago, I had forgotten that I have it. 10 days from now, it might have ended up in recycling.

What great Le Select memorabilia, Kevin. So glad you had this to share with us all. Merci!

Thank you Kevin.
What are thoughts about the Forum having a cloud where things like you just posted could be placed?

I'm appreciative that WIMCO provides a forum which we all enjoy, and does so without any editorial oversight. My personal opinion is that given the $0 price which we pay for access here, and given that history appears to have been "pruned" here in various space-conserving ways before, I don't think that longer-term storage will happen.

Kevin, I sent you a message to see if you can email me the program and Le Journal mention directly. I have the other booklet. Thanks!

Emails were sent for both the program, and for selected related articles in Le Journal. There was some funky stuff in Le Journal, which I had long forgotten (it was 20 years ago.) I do have many fond memories of the party, and of the Buffett Concert on the Quay. I've been fortunate to be able to be on St Barth for the 50th, 60th, and 70th celebrations of Le Select.