My favorite cheeseburger is no more...

le_reve

Senior Insider
Well, as others may be singing about another "Cheeseburger in Paradise", I always quietly sat across the street and enjoyed the one at Bar L'Oubli - - for many years, it seemed like the perfect burger... hand formed patty, cooked a little rare, with all the fixings. This trip, it was our first lunch stop in town, and alas, the burger has changed, and not for the better. It seems to be a pre-made, maybe frozen at some point, industrial-made patty and was also overcooked to boot. I know that Bar l'Oubli is not always on anyone's list for best spot for food, but I am still sad about the loss of what was once a delicious cheeseburger for those times that you really want one.

Any advice on new places to find a new favorite? :)

Q

We only had cheeseburgers st Le Select. Just ok but a great ambiance.
To echo your comments about your cheeseburger at Bar l’Oubli, we have been disappointed this year in the fries in general. We inquired why this has occurred in contrast to other years. The answers we received focused on supply issues. Several stated their fries are from frozen product and went on to say they know it doesn’t taste the same as in the past. Hopefully the situation will turn for the better over time.

Yes, I noticed the fries seemed different as well.

On a different note, the frites at Le Crêperie were better this time around than I remember in the past. They were delicious!

Things do change sometimes. I used to enjoy breakfast pancakes at Bar l'Oubli until they ceased serving pure maple syrup. They served Aunt Jemima, I inquired "do you have pure maple syrup", reply was "no it is too expensive". If I wanted to eat high fructose corn syrup, I would have stayed in D.C. Have not been back to Bar l'Oubli since.

Things do change sometimes. I used to enjoy breakfast pancakes at Bar l'Oubli until they ceased serving pure maple syrup. The served Aunt Jemima, I inquired "do you have pure maple syrup", reply was "no it is too expensive". If I wanted to eat high fructose corn syrup, I would have stayed in D.C. Have not been back to Bar l'Oubli since.

I’m with you on the Maple Syrup. Sirop d’Erable, Maple Syrup in French, is available at Marché U. We buy it for Grand Marnier French Toast at the villa.

Back when Tamarin was open for lunch, they made my favorite burger. I do pine for lovely, lingering lunches in the garden...one can dream!

We remember those lunches well. The lower bar and the casual service were great. The young ladies were fun and pleasant. Lounging by the tree or watching the birds were a pleasant respite from a morning at Saline. Lunch and a couple of beers and back to Saline. Saddened when they closes that area.
George & jody

Back when Tamarin was open for lunch, they made my favorite burger. I do pine for lovely, lingering lunches in the garden...one can dream!