One Bed one Night

nawlinscouple

SBH Member
Looking for a one bed rental for one night for my son on April 11, 2020. His Villa will not be available when he arrives. Nothing too fancy or expensive.

...April 11, 2020... Nothing too fancy or expensive.

That is the weekend (Easter/Pâques) that beach camping is permitted... depending on how adventurous he is... beats sleeping in a car...
IMG_7348.jpeg
IMG_7347.jpeg
...not entirely TIC - I know someone whose college age kids did this with some island friends one year...

Try the Sunset Hotel or Les Mouettes

For anyone who has stayed at the Sunset Hotel, where do you usually park? We are staying 1 night in May, and I am debating on taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and getting the rental car the next day, since it looks like there is no dedicated parking.

charlotte

For anyone who has stayed at the Sunset Hotel, where do you usually park? We are staying 1 night in May, and I am debating on taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and getting the rental car the next day, since it looks like there is no dedicated parking.

charlotte
You have a good idea. Eat at Le Repaire and walk. There is a paid lot across the street if you want to go that route.

Thanks Andy. Le Repaire is our traditional 1st night, so that definitely is a positive!!

C

The pay lot across from Sunset/Repaire is free between 8PM and 8AM, and I think that the 1st 30 minutes are free.

A few other less-expensive places to try for 1 night:
Hotel le Village (formerly Village St Jean)
Auberge de la Petite Anse
P’tit Morne

Although they would rather rent for 2-3 nights minimum, he may luck into a gap night between two reservations.

"The pay lot across from Sunset/Repaire is free between 8PM and 8AM, and I think that the 1st 30 minutes are free."

Thanks Kevin, this helps a lot in the decision planning. I have reserved the car, so I will keep that reservation as is.

C

We are staying at the Sunset for 2 days before Les Ilets and may taxi it til we move