Super Bowl

I have landed in Lesotho which was #6. Hard to believe Princess Juliana was in the top 10. I would belive Saba should replace Princess Juliana IMHO.

I wonder if the danger element and injuries to those on the beach and holding onto the fence by SXM is taken into account

I do not know Jim, I personally do not feel Princess Juliana airport should be ranked in the top 100 regarding scary.

Saba in early 70's when there for a day trip, it was a trip in all senses, probably hasn't changed much, but I won't be finding out in person, was young & foolish then.

Saba is a delightful haven and a wonderful quiet and friendly island. I hope we get there again. The problem is one must get the flight on St Martin. We are hoping the ST BarthSaba run is reintroduced.

I've never been to Saba but I read the other day it has the shortest (maybe it was one of the shortest?) commercial runways in the world

The landing is nothing. STOL aircraft such as the DeHavilland Twin Otter which Winair flies land on runways that short every day, and all day.

The departure, that can be different. On every takeoff, the Winair pilots both lock their legs on the brakes, firewall the throttles, and run up the engines. With a light load, you might lift off before the end of the runway. With a heavy load, you might cross the end of the runway and drop a bit (off of a cliff!) before you start to climb.

The landing is nothing. STOL aircraft such as the DeHavilland Twin Otter which Winair flies land on runways that short every day, and all day.

The departure, that can be different. On every takeoff, the Winair pilots both lock their legs on the brakes, firewall the throttles, and run up the engines. With a light load, you might lift off before the end of the runway. With a heavy load, you might cross the end of the runway and drop a bit (off of a cliff!) before you start to climb.

Yikes :grin1:

Found this. Starting at the 3:40 or so mark it really shows how short the runway is...Zoinks!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjIS9IIMdI