Entire Island Water Problems

In our early morning walk this morning, we had a good talk with a member of the Hotel Christopher staff . The person told us they have no water problems as long as the trucks can continue to supply when needed.

The island is back in business water wise. Everything is fixed. We were told Toiny is the end of the line. Areas before them will be filling up their cisterns and according to Toiny residents, it will therefore take several days still for the water to get to them.

The island is back in business water wise. Everything is fixed. We were told Toiny is the end of the line. Areas before them will be filling up their cisterns and according to Toiny residents, it will therefore take several days still for the water to get to them.

Do people fill their cisterns with city water? Or just rain water?

Do people fill their cisterns with city water? Or just rain water?

Yes, both. Rain water is free, and the preferred way to fill cisterns. When rain water is insufficient, then city water becomes the less-preferred source. When city water is unavailable then trucks become the only remaining source, unless you want to pour liters of bottled water into your cistern. Trucks get their water at the desal plant, so every truckload of water delivered to a hotel/villa is a truckload which is removed from the normal public distribution system.

Nobody likes a prophet.

"They say to the seer 'See no more visions!' and to the prophets, 'Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions.'"... that's how one prophet summed it up (Isaiah 30:10)...

Where's the best place to do human sacrifices on that rock? Ain't that what everybody does after they want to blame anything & ANYONE for their stupidity?

I keep in mind that other than local fish, everything including drinking water is imported.

Circus? Didn't someone say there's a doofus born every minute? The "mundus" is truly full of it. Sigh...

He could invite MikeR to a dinner of fresh Dover sole at Maya's... mundus vult decipi ergo decipiatur, as one of the circus goers might have said...

On various occasions Mike has supplied me with fresh-caught Striped Bass and Bluefin Tuna, and tapped his personal supply of "bugs", but he's never come across with Sole or any other flatfish, from either Dover or Cape Cod Bay. I'm happy with what I'm getting, he's happy with my homemade Rhum Vanille, and I think that we'll just leave it at that, LOL.