Gin recommendation

Jeanette

Senior Insider
Hello everyone. Could somebody kindly recommend a gin for cocktails on the island - specifically something that would work well for both negronis and G&Ts? Here's the list from the recent wine catalog that was posted. Merci.

Gin.jpg

Tanqueray good, solid traditional juniper berry scented gin. Bombay Sapphire tastes like mould to some people. Like me. Hendricks good modern-style gin. I'm sure others solid too.
Fever Tree has a nice chart on line matching gin style and citrus selection to their various tonics.
https://pairingguide.fever-tree.com/en-gb/

Hello everyone. Could somebody kindly recommend a gin for cocktails on the island - specifically something that would work well for both negronis and G&Ts? Here's the list from the recent wine catalog that was posted. Merci.

View attachment 51181

My clients on Nantucket normally ask for Hendrick's but Monkey was starting to get some play a few years ago. Not sure if it is still trendy.

Why would anyone drink gin when vodka is available? (Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.”)

Izzy, you never let us down. I've been yards away from that beauty.

The owner is an owner of Baltic Yachts, which has developed a major presence in the Bucket, so the boat will probably be back if you return for the 2021 Bucket... unless he moves on to his next project..

Thanks, everyone, for your recommendations. I hope I have the opportunity to make everyone a cocktail one day.

Why would anyone drink gin when vodka is available? (Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.”)

Why gin? Because I may need to make a negroni and a G&T for mutual friends. :cool:

"Ether is a liquor on which a man could get drunk with a clean conscience."

Ether was widely used as substitute for alcohol in the Ireland of Shaw's first 30 or so years... a response to a popular abstinence movement begun by a Catholic priest...

The first use of ether for surgical anesthesia during the 1840's is linked to "ether frolics' by students at the University of Pennsylvania during the 1830's...

I like my Gin to taste like Gin. Tanqueray.

If I want something more floral, which I do on occasion, then it is Empress 1908 from Victoria, BC. Empress is not available on SBH.