A Shoutout to Saint Barth Commuter!

lvbookworm

SBH Insider
I wanted to highlight another great customer service effort by Saint Barth Commuter. Recently we put together our travel plans for a visit in June, and the only piece of the puzzle remaining was our return flight from SBH-SXM. Our connecting flight out of SXM was scheduled for 2:00, but the earliest flight on SBC wouldn't get us to SXM until 12:30. Winair had seats available on an earlier fight, but they were 2x the price and I really wanted to stick with SBC. I wrote to SBC asking if that connection time would be sufficient and, if not, would it be possible for them to let me know if they decided to add an earlier flight.

They immediately wrote back to say that since no one else had yet reserved seats on that date they would change the flight time to accommodate the connection window needed for our departure. I immediately went back online, saw the new departure time, and booked our tickets.

It's outstanding service like this that cultivates customer loyalty!

Yes indeed. After AA changed my flights SBC said they would wait for me. I decided to bring carryon luggage only to make the transfer easier.

Nice to hear. We flew SBC both ways on our trip a few weeks back and the service was excellent (particularly liked how they met us and our friends at the gate and whisked us through). Over the years, we have used Winair more often given the number of flight offerings and ability to often grab an earlier flight. Two pilots on Winair is also somewhat more re-assuring than the single pilot offering on SBC but my wife and I appreciated the service so much, we'll probably stick with SBC for next trip.

That is wonderfully good news for you both! We’ve never flown on SBC as their flight availability never coincided with our inbound flights to SXM. We’ve always flown Winair when coming through SXM and never had any issues. It pays to reach out in instances like this.

Bravo to SBC!

When we had to change a flight time on Win Air by one hour due to AA it was $50 per person. On SBC it was never a problem. However now it is only Tradewind who are superb with their service.

I just made our reservations to SXM and back today. After I went to SBC and tried to book my SBH flights going and returning
When I enter my info it shows two flights on Fri.4/17 and three flights returning on 4/25. The problem is it shows no available seats on any flights? Is that to be expected this close to my dates? Don't seem to remember this in the past? I hate to think I'll have to use Winair at about three times the cost! Any recommendations ?

I just made our reservations to SXM and back today. After I went to SBC and tried to book my SBH flights going and returning
When I enter my info it shows two flights on Fri.4/17 and three flights returning on 4/25. The problem is it shows no available seats on any flights? Is that to be expected this close to my dates? Don't seem to remember this in the past? I hate to think I'll have to use Winair at about three times the cost! Any recommendations ?
Look now. 3 flights on 4/17 (2 available seats on the 10am) and 4 flights on 4/25 (2 of the 4 flights have openings)

When we had to change a flight time on Win Air by one hour due to AA it was $50 per person. On SBC it was never a problem. However now it is only Tradewind who are superb with their service.

Yesterday I was having our tix reissued by AA, a $200 pp change fee + the difference between the old/original fare vs the new fare for the same destination as original tix. I merely asked the AA DFW person IF there was a chance that the fee could be waived due to the situation(cruise ship being stretched not ready for May sailing now sail a month later) I'd explained to her as reason for date change. On hold about 5 minutes later she was back saying yes AA would waive the fee. I was surprised yet very happy tho I think that someone found that I'm gold level & have had an AA branded credit card for a very long time. My point is...it doesn't hurt to ask Winair or any other line to waive the fee since it was an involuntary change on your part due to the other airline.

Yesterday I was having our tix reissued by AA, a $200 pp change fee + the difference between the old/original fare vs the new fare for the same destination as original tix. I merely asked the AA DFW person IF there was a chance that the fee could be waived due to the situation(cruise ship being stretched not ready for May sailing now sail a month later) I'd explained to her as reason for date change. On hold about 5 minutes later she was back saying yes AA would waive the fee. I was surprised yet very happy tho I think that someone found that I'm gold level & have had an AA branded credit card for a very long time. My point is...it doesn't hurt to ask Winair or any other line to waive the fee since it was an involuntary change on your part due to the other airline.

Excellent advice, Nancy! You’re a true guru regarding anything travel related, having been a career travel professional. Great to get your perspective here on the Forum!

We have found if you have the patience to wait and speak to someone on most airlines and explain as you did, the fees are often waived.

After communicating with Alexandra at SBC I have reservations for my SXM-SBH leg of our trip.
I’am waitlisted for our departure. She was very helpful and prompt in her reply to my email!