Le Toiny water outage

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
This past Sunday, when we pulled up to the valet for lunch, we saw a water truck pumping water into the pipes of Le Toiny. ‘Curiosity killed the cat.’ I began inquiring. Yesterday a local family living in the Toiny area informed us that the island has had problems with being able to supply enough water to all areas. The family went on to say that a decision was made and since Toiny is one of the farthest away from the water plant, they were cut off or reduced. The family went on to say that this has been going on for months and le Toiny has had water trucks servicing them all day every day. We didn’t go into the lobby area to confirm this- the family told us the upper swimming pool has been empty- which wouldn’t make a nice view from their restaurant. Maybe another Forum member can comment.

I might imagine that this would explain the situation. Problems at the desalination plant have forced the authorities to restrict potable water usage to drinking, bathing, cooking, etc. No watering your garden or filling your pool or washing your car, etc.
Authorities will make best efforts to divvy up the available water as equitably as possible.
Not sure what exact current status is?

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 7.13.11 AM.png

That is more or less the reason we understand for this situation. What is a little concerning is we were told this had been going on for months, rather than a couple of days or weeks.

Interesting: we were at Le Toiny down at the beach club last week and there was plenty of water in both the upper and lower pools.

unless the food has gotten better at the beach club, I think I will take a pass. however the ambiance is very nice there.

We were there this past Sunday- plenty of water at the Beach Club in the pool, restrooms etc. The water trucks above though were going in and out emptying their tanks for Toiny use.