The new shop VARDA is delightful-

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Varda is the name of the owner. The shop has a selection of very unusual items displayed wuite creatively. It is located across from is it Kalina and Tainos the name? same street as Laurent Effel. We were taken by his creation of orchids and other fresh flowers in beautiful vases at reasonable prices for the island. If you are staying on the island for a week or so, you might want to stop by to put a little color in your villa or hotel room.
Across the street while we were in the store, 4 gendarmes were investigating an illegally parked car which everybody was having to drive around. Either a 135 Euro ticket, a tow or both we guess was in the future.

I think Varda has been profiled in the glossy mags a few years ago, his rather spectacular & pricey flower displays at weddings & receptions, can't imagine the # euros. Wondering what was at this location previously ? I love fresh flowers, while on the island I'd rather have local blooms, a hibiscus for the day or ?

Nothing was there, it's a brand new building... and yes Varda is an incredible floral designer who does 5-star hotels in Paris as well as weddings etc in St Barth and elsewhere... he is a delightful character as well!

I remember, Ellen, an extravagant delivery of Varda flowers to you a couple of years ago on your birthday! Stunningly beautiful!

I remember, Ellen, an extravagant delivery of Varda flowers to you a couple of years ago on your birthday! Stunningly beautiful!

yes and in a huge black box with the Varda signature in white and his signature purple orchid pinned to the card... he has incredible style!