Sunday Night Dining Options / Pizza Takeout on Sunday

agenova

SBH Member
A two part question for Forum members. We had another fabulous visit a few weeks back and I've been going through my list of "minor modifications for next year". We really enjoyed Sunday lunch (earlier session) at Nikki Beach and will plan to do it again but I was curious about 1) Sunday evening dining recommendations and 2) good spots for pizza takeout that evening as well. Our group of four had dinner at QG (which was very good) but we were all a little worn out from the day at Nikki. Best I can tell, other good dining options for Sunday night would be Le Repaire, Santa Fe, Tamarin and Grain de Sel. Anything worthy I'm missing? If we went the "let's just grab a few pizzas and eat at the villa route", what would you suggest? We could always pick up some pizzas from Les Bananiers on Saturday night and throw them in the fridge but I was curious about any other recommended pizza spots good for a post-Nikki villa night.

Thanks,
Dave

Passed Isoletta last night and it is indeed open on Sunday. Reminder, it is closed on Monday.

Five other possibilities for Sunday Night Takeout Pizza come to mind. One is Papa's Pizza, back behind the airport gas station in Les Mangliers. Another is La Bouchon, next to Marché U Express in Lorient. There is also La Saintoise, tucked away on a back street in Corossol. Also, L'Ardoise in the Villa Creole shops in St Jean. Lastly, there is JPizza, which I've never found, somewhere on the road between Petite Cul de Sac and Toiny.

The only one which I've ordered from recently is Papa's Pizza, and it was fine. La Bouchon and L'Ardoise have seating. I don't recall if La Saintoise has seating. Papa's Pizza and JPizza are takeout-only.

For Sunday Dinner, for me it would be Santa Fé (unless I had already been there for lunch that day), Tamarin, Repaire, or QG. I like all four for different reasons. For some reason I don't think of Grain de Sel as a dinner restaurant, although they are open for dinner.

JPizza is on the left side just past turn to Petit cul de sac before you get to Le Toiny. Do not forget La Langouste for Sunday dinner. Of course, there is Francois Plantation for Sunday dinner.

Bob nailed the location on J’s Pizza. Agenova- as another idea for you, if you have a bbq, throw steaks, crevettes, fresh fish, hamburgers or whatever on it along with some thickly sliced fresh vegetables and enjoy the sunset whilst sipping your favorite Rose.

Thank you Kevin. As always, very helpful. We like Grain de Sel for lunch after a few hours at Saline but have never gone for dinner (although, some friends always go for dinner and swear by it). Will contemplate the options for next visit but will probably lean towards a few pizzas at the villa after a long day at Nikki. We stay in Columbier so perhaps we'll try La Saintoise or we can swing by L'Ardoise or Le Bouchon for pickup on way home from Nikki.

...I don't recall if La Saintoise has seating....

We stayed in Villa Petite St Louis just up the street from La Saintoise, and although we never ate there it always smelled great driving by. Technically there are a couple of chairs and/or barstools where you can sit to have a cold beverage while you wait, but it's definitely not an eat-in sort of place.

JPizza is on the left side just past turn to Petit cul de sac before you get to Le Toiny. Do not forget La Langouste for Sunday dinner. Of course, there is Francois Plantation for Sunday dinner.
For pizza . . . I love JPizza! Note . . . though there are one or two “picnic” style tables where you can eat there, it’s primarily takeout.