Favorite Stores for Men and Women’s clothing on the island?

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
This subject almost requires it’s own section?- but le me make a start with mens’-
Belts- our number one choice for these and other categories such as shoes and wallets is Laurent Effel.
We were surprised to find excellent belts at 100% Capri on the second floor of the fashion building.
We love 120% Linen by Le Select but enjoy the mens clothing across the board at Voila and their two sister stores in St. Jean and down near Petit Deauville as you enter Gustavia Public.
our favorite jewelry hands down is Gems- good prices, great selection, and wonderful personalities of the owners- Chrissy and John. Even though they don’t advertise- their business is word of mouth- their selection and prices of pearls are the best on the island. We have researched carefully on the island for multiple years to arrive at this conclusion.
I am not going to touch on women’s clothing and will leave it to other Forum members. I will say my wife has purchased more bathing suits at Black Swan in St. Jean than any other store.
Men’s shirts- le Drugstore in St. Jean- l’Avion, again Black Swan, and the two stores in St. Jean and Gustavia Pati St. Barth as well as the Vila family stores.

Unlike the U.S. where hotel shops often leave much to be desired, the hotel shops on the island are not to be missed. We have found great clothing and pearls at the Cheval Blanc shop, purses at Christopher, men’s bathing suits at Guanahani- still closed- and others. Even though an obvious choice for men’s bathing suits is Vilbrequin- our favorite year after year is Kiwi in St. Jean.
Now I haven’t discussed jewelry although Mandarine has been a highlight, that is a broad subject like women’s clothing.

I always walk out of the men's side of Laurent Effel with a shirt(s), pants or both. I really don't even look anywhere else now that I think of it...

My husband’s favorite store for swim trunks is MC2. They have such whimsical prints and he’s got quite the collection. In fact, he takes more swimsuits to SBH than me just so he can wear them all.