Part 8 - November Trip Report

. . . Our recent visit last week was slightly disappointing, the three ladies running the floor were a little snippy and appeared disorganized and chaotic. Granted we were a group of 11 but there were only 4-other couples dining for a total of 8 other diners. When one of our guests brought to their attention, upon delivery of his meal, "this is not what I ordered". The waitress was aggressive and said "this is exactly what you ordered", even though, we all heard him place his order which was not what she delivered. Begrudgingly, she said "I will get you what you think you ordered.

Appalling! I would have had a difficult time restraining myself, at a minimum, from offering a retort.

We really enjoy Le Grain de Sel, especially after their remodeling. However, have not tried the Lobster there, next trip to do list.

It was several years ago but after multiple tries at GDS with poor service and not the positive attitudes of the staff that we enjoy from other restaurants such as L’Espirit, we crossed them off our rotation list.

It was several years ago but after multiple tries at GDS with poor service and not the positive attitudes of the staff that we enjoy from other restaurants such as L’Espirit, we crossed them off our rotation list.

if you "always do 1PM and 8PM" arrivals, I'm not surprised the service was slow or poor.

Eddy's staffing is always pretty minimal and gets overwhelmed quickly. We've always had good, personable service there arriving early and buying a little love with generous tips
:cool: