The Virus is on the island!

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
The RDGRCLVCBGLDGTH virus!
Hint - LV is Louis Vuitton? Please guess the rest and any that are overlooked. Like maybe our favorite leather goods store and others such as BS?

Hopper, the virus is on the island, but it's dengue fever. I was horrified to read this today.

Absente de l’île depuis octobre 2016, la dengue est revenue en novembre 2019. Et elle se répand, avec cinquante cas “cliniquement évocateurs” de la dengue sur notre île recensés au terme des deux premières semaines de l’année, et l’identification de douze cas biologiquement confirmés entre les mois de décembre et janvier. « La situation est à suivre avec attention », écrit Santé Publique France dans son bulletin du 24 janvier. L’épidémie est désormais bien installée en Guadeloupe (4.000 personnes touchées), et le seuil est proche à Saint-Martin avec 420 cas identifiés. Pour rappel, le meilleur moyen de lutter contre la dengue est d’éviter la prolifération des moustiques (supprimer toute réserve d’eau, même minime) et se protéger des piqûres (répulsifs, vêtements longs, moustiquaires).

And from Google translate:

Absent from the island since October 2016, dengue fever returned in November 2019. And it is spreading, with fifty cases “clinically suggestive” of dengue fever on our island recorded at the end of the first two weeks of the year, and the identification of twelve biologically confirmed cases between December and January. "The situation is to be followed carefully," writes Santé Publique France in its January 24 bulletin. The epidemic is now well established in Guadeloupe (4,000 people affected), and the threshold is close to Saint-Martin with 420 cases identified. As a reminder, the best way to fight against dengue fever is to avoid the proliferation of mosquitoes (remove any water supply, even minimal) and protect yourself from bites (repellents, long clothes, mosquito nets).

Dolce Gabana. But what does this have to do with Dengue and Gastroenteritis issues? I do not get it and need your explanation.

Perhaps the question/concern relates to the choice of headline - "The Virus is on the island!".

This topic headline was chosen in the settings of the major (and very fluid) international health story of the novel Coronavirus, dengue having returned to the island (noted by Cass in this thread and updated in the Le Journal info posted by by Jeanette above), the arrival of influenza on St Barth, and the island's ongoing outbreak of gastroenteritis.

Thanks for the medical clarifications. I am still working through the retailing initials or code that shopper/hopper brought up today.
Stay well folks!

Ahhh, the word seldom used from a favorite movie I enjoy "Shawshank Redemption". Thank you for the correction Diana. I also like The Green Mile.

some birds were never meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright, and when they fly away a part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up, but still, the place you live is that much more drab since they are gone. I guess I just miss my friend.