Best ‘Frites’ on the island-

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
We have read about the frites at Bananiers and Santa Fe with the Moules. Where are the best being served this season?

Although they are not very good the best “frites” on the island for us are the ones we have with our not so good burger at Select on our traditional first night on the island happily enjoying them knowing we are back.....

We have read about the frites at Bananiers and Santa Fe with the Moules. Where are the best being served this season?
Last year was looking so forward to mussels and frites at SF, they were good, but not worth the sacrifice of a nights dinner. SF is great otherwise though !!!
Mussels were plain, nothing special and fries were in a small cup, kinda soggy. Sorry, I know everybody will hate me.

Sorry to hear that they weren't up to par. I can report that our party of four split two orders of moules with frites for lunch last Friday at Santa Fe and both (moules and the frites) were excellent. The lunch view and ambiance on the terrace coupled with some chilled rose might slightly bias my perspective.

I as well enjoyed moules and frites at Santa Fe last Friday night. They were both very tasty as always. Will definitely order them in March on my next trip.

I’ve yet to meet a frite that I didn’t enjoy!
:cool:

I'm with ya! However....when frites are fried in duck fat and sprinkled with truffle oil, I get a little excited! This was the method of the former Isle de France restaurant.

Those duck fat fried frites were FABULOUS. I’m with you Missy. Tamarin has nice frites now.

I'm with ya! However....when frites are fried in duck fat and sprinkled with truffle oil, I get a little excited! This was the method of the former Isle de France restaurant.

Amen to that, Missy! Twice fried in duck fat is just perfection!! My mouth is watering now
:wink2: