Final Day

dadto6

Senior Insider
Last night was our final dinner of the week. We chose Santa Fe for the closing event. Diners can never make a wrong choice when they choose David and his excellent staff/chef. We were all served a wonderful amuse bouche consisting of yellow fin tuna thinly sliced, layered with finely diced vegetables. Betty ordered the special of the day, local wahoo ceviche. She is an amazing woman, keeping an infant and 3-year old quiet and happy while handling a fork to enjoy her ceviche. Alas, not a morsel was left, Betty said it was excellent. I enjoyed the moules and frites, what else would I order on Friday at Santa Fe. I reserved my portion with David the night before. Anita ordered grilled lobster, the smallest in the tank was 1.4 kilo. Disappeared. Many others enjoyed the Chicken Caesar salad with bacon, rounding out the choices was Beef Filet. A wonderful dinner to crown a wonderful week together in Paradise shared with family and friends. We captured many fine memories.

Anita and I awoke earlier than others and headed to Le Jardin to enjoy breakfast together before returning to the Villa to gather the group and head off to a sugary delight (Petite Colombe) in Lorient.

I got all of our boarding passes printed for United. Still need to gas up the vehicles and return our rental cars, check in with St. Barths Commuter, walk across the street to enjoy the Lunch Special of the day at Le Jardin. Heading home is such sweet sorry. Immerse myself in work once again with my eye on the reward of returning in March for the Bucket with my sons Karl, Matt and granddaughter Luci.

A perfect way to end a perfect week, Bob! As always, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us all. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Best of all, you’ll be back very soon!!

Gayle

Safe travels.

Thank you so much for sharing your island experiences and welcoming us to hang with the Gelles Gang for a bit.

See you in March,God willing.
Hugs
Amy

Diners can never make a wrong choice when they choose David and his excellent staff/chef.”

I agree. David, his chef business partner who prefers to stay under the radar, and the entire Santa Fé team do an excellent job.

As Bob also identifies, Le Jardin always is a great choice for breakfast & lunch!

Safe travels home! And thanks for all of the entertaining & informative “color” on your family experiences.

We think the breakfasts at le Jardin are among the best bon the island- simple, well presented, tasty and inexpensive with very good service.

Thanks for keeping us at home entertained this week. Your posts are genuine and uplifting.

You'll love the Bucket. I'll miss it this year for the first time in more than a decade and your posts will make it easier.

Thanks for keeping us at home entertained this week. Your posts are genuine and uplifting.

You'll love the Bucket. I'll miss it this year for the first time in more than a decade and your posts will make it easier.