Double eddy

24loar

SBH Insider
Finally back after a year's absence.
Strolling around the back of the harbor waiting for the restaurant to open. Some guy cruises by on his bike, as I look up I feel that for sure, it is Eddy G, in the flesh. I wanted to stop and verify the ID, tell him how much we enjoyed his photographic paean to the island, but before I can summon my wits...he is gone.
Not to be outdone, we hit Eddy's Grotto as the door cranks open at 7. And there is Benoit, and then there is the Other Eddy.
A classic Double Eddy.

We are lucky to have both Ed G and Eddy on the island. The books which we open during different times of the year allow us to savor our memories. Like Select, Eddy’s is one of the long time, consistently fun and good establishments on the island. Both have their ‘St. Barth’ Ouanalao vibe. It is nice to be able to participate in and enjoy the ‘ Tale of Two Eddy’s. We know how long Select has been on the Island - 70 plus years- What is the count for Eddy’s?

Finally back after a year's absence.
Strolling around the back of the harbor waiting for the restaurant to open. Some guy cruises by on his bike, as I look up I feel that for sure, it is Eddy G, in the flesh. I wanted to stop and verify the ID, tell him how much we enjoyed his photographic paean to the island, but before I can summon my wits...he is gone.
Not to be outdone, we hit Eddy's Grotto as the door cranks open at 7. And there is Benoit, and then there is the Other Eddy.
A classic Double Eddy.

Funny...but Eddy's is Eddy's Ghetto as named in the original location where Pipiri was, then when he moved, became just Eddy's(not that he is a 'just'), now back to the original name due to place in Paris he told us & same name brought somewhat of a lawsuit he, as in Eddy, told us.