Things Remembered and No Longer There

Ugh...that’s unfortunate! The villa we are renting in Lurin this year, different from the last 3 trips staying in Lurin, is right in your neck of the woods. We may be neighbors, in fact. Hope that’s gone by the time we get there!

We were told by the pool guy that the crane will remain until November

Good that the yellow flowered aloe are beginning to bloom. That usually brings hummingbirds and bananaquits to the front of the house and its garden view

On our first round with Larry we asked how he would know us. "Bring a rubber ducky". Cool. We bought rubber ducky bath toys and all of us waved them as we got into SKB. :biglaugh: He - "You assholes, let's get around these stupid lines". Love @ first sight. We left some for him & the rest went to our housekeeper for her kids.

On future trips he did let me wrangle that Apache & just solidy said, on long approach to SBH, "get your hands off, I'm legal". He also did flyovers to show off St. Kitts before we went on to SBH. I got pics somewhere in the archives, I'll try to find them. Miss him, big time.

On flights over, I used to bring my Jeppeson Carib charts and get invited into the "front". The pilots were always really fun & would mark the charts with actual course & info and sign them with the flight data. These days - I'd get shot before I got close to the "cabin". Sigh...

Amy,

I can't find that one in my tree books - no leaves or needles. :sad1:

Sorry for that "outlook". Hope it's gone soon.

73s & 88s to you & Phil

Amy,

Wait. Wait. I found it in an obscure journal of the absurd. It's a S'Brth Cranus Imbecillicus. Unfortunately, a species that's on the rise & not many antidotes. Sorry.. :caution1:

Every time I arrive part of me pretends its the first time - best method I've found to avoid getting caught up in the nostalgia of times gone by. But for the purpose of this thread...
- Dinner at Au Port, and the time my recently wed wife and I were sharing each others eyes when the waiter brought us a bottle of wine, because someone there had seen us together and felt like treating us, and well, because it was St Barth.
- When Shell Beach really was ankle deep in shells.
- And also the Shell Museum in Corossol where Mr Magras would share stories of his specimens, and his adventures on his sailboat the Pourquoi Pas, with my children when they were younger.

And also the Shell Museum in Corossol where Mr Magras would share stories of his specimens, and his adventures on his sailboat the Pourquoi Pas, with my children when they were younger.

There was a recent mention in one of the island news sources that the collection from the Shell Museum may move to the Brigantin building, which the Collectivité recently purchased.

It would be great if that came to be Kevin. It was a perfect thing for the kids to enjoy when taking a day away from the beach. And they would spend the next few days looking for similar shells they had seen at the museum.

We had some delightful sailing trips aboard the monohull “French Kiss”. The young couple that owned the boat took visitors around the island. As I recall, they were only in St. Barth for a brief time in the early 90s.

There was a recent mention in one of the island news sources that the collection from the Shell Museum may move to the Brigantin building, which the Collectivité recently purchased.

That would be wonderful, Kevin . . . the collection has been in search of a home for a long time!

I agree with Tom H dinner at Au Port brings back so many memories. They had this lamb medallions dinner that has never been duplicated. Sitting on the balcony before the post office was built was an amazing experience. The true St. Barth experience and another reason Cheryl and I fell in love with the Island back in 1987