Things Remembered and No Longer There

Hawke

Senior Insider
Back in the early 1990's there was a small family run bakery on the left hand side of the road from Colombier. We were staying in Villa Doarde and I would run down and back up for croissants and baguettes. It was open for a few years.

So many places, Hawke . . . with memories that instantly bring smiles & laughter to me — and an occasional groan (recalling an accident when I foolishly thought it would be fun to have a motorbike for a day!). Legendary, of course, was Autour du Rocher. I also fondly remember a little boulangerie in a garden setting in L’Orient (as the area then was known). And who ever will forget La Gloriette at Grand Cul de Sac?

Andy Hall
From what I have read he is enjoying the other side of the world and still in the hospitality business. He has a gift on hiring special people and is a great host. Enjoyed my first shot of vanilla rum at the Hideaway and they kept coming.

The original Francois Plantation. Finest dining and our very first island meal. We just knew we were going to be coming back to St Barths.

We were staying in a villa across the road from Francois Plantation. Denise's brother and wife were shocked by the prices, however it is the only time I have ordered ostrich and was pleasently suprised that it is a delicious red meat.

Andy.
La Gloriette.
Marigot Bay Club and Michel.
Autour.
Le Pelican.
Au Port before the new Post Office.
Wall House and Le Carré.
Manu and Marisol.
Pipiri Palace and Pierre.
Chez Francine.
Filao Hôtel and Mario.

Stephan Mazieres chef extraordinaire at La Gaiac restaurant at LeToiny Hotel. He won CARIBBEAN chef of the year for Relais and Chateau. And thinking of La Gaiac, add the truffle and pasta prepared in the huge Parmesan wheel (that WAS their signature dish).

La Mandala in Gustavia with the indoor pool. And also La Sapotilier (sp?) in Gustavia and the baby turbo - to die for! Both were very special!

Stephan Mazieres chef extraordinaire at La Gaiac restaurant at LeToiny Hotel. He won CARIBBEAN chef of the year for Relais and Chateau. And thinking of La Gaiac, add the truffle and pasta prepared in the huge Parmesan wheel (that WAS their signature dish).

Le Gaiac brunch (the only times I've ever eaten there)
Vincent Adam

So many great memories! Many of them captured in "Case et Cuisine," if you happen to see it (available Cafe Gloriette & Santa Fe).