Things Remembered and No Longer There

Le Gaiac brunch (the only times I've ever eaten there)
Vincent Adam

YES, Le Gaiac brunch!!! Spectacular fare and that view over the pool. We very much miss that.
However, the new beach restaurant is lovely, as was the food, view and service. Want to have dinner at Le Toiny as well in the spring.

Stephan Mazieres chef extraordinaire at La Gaiac restaurant at LeToiny Hotel. He won CARIBBEAN chef of the year for Relais and Chateau. And thinking of La Gaiac, add the truffle and pasta prepared in the huge Parmesan wheel (that WAS their signature dish).
Oh, I always wanted that pasta. Who am I kidding? I want it now.

I know. You told me once that Roger tasted it vicariously through our posts. Wish you both had gotten to enjoy it then.

Enjoyed my first shot of vanilla rum at the Hideaway and they kept coming.
Same here and same here. Couldn't believe how smooth they were. Amazing we managed to stumble back up the hill to the villa. More importantly, so glad we got to meet Andy before he left.

:up:
So many great memories! Many of them captured in "Case et Cuisine," if you happen to see it (available Cafe Gloriette & Santa Fe).
I've read it for free many times at a certain villa. Well worth the price of admission.

Eden Roc before it was Eden Rock. Chez Francine, Le Pelican and there was a spectacular restaurant in the hill above the tennis court by guanahani. El Sereno where we honeymooned in 1987 and of course our favorite Filao Beach.

Le Rivage, buying warm delicious bread from Lorient ladies, Vincent Adam, Le Patio, Wall House, Sapore di Mare,La Rotisserie in St. Jean

Eden Roc before it was Eden Rock. Chez Francine, Le Pelican and there was a spectacular restaurant in the hill above the tennis court by guanahani. El Sereno where we honeymooned in 1987 and of course our favorite Filao Beach.

Le Flamboyant?

Cwater...I still prefer Eden ROC...had lunch there years ago when off our 1st Windstar trip & 1st but not last time to St Barths. Filao Beach, someone I know is Bermudian, she always pronounced Filao as...fee lau in an exaggerated way so that we all laughed when she said it !

Which came first, the restaurant or the name? I don't know. Le Crémaillère was the name of the restaurant, and the adjacent area is known as Crémaillère Passage.

Does anyone remember the name of a little restaurant or maybe it was just a bar that was on the left side coming from Lorient--maybe in the Marigo bay area. it was almost in the water and had lots of trropical foliage around it. So pretty. Also have fun memories of La Layfaette Club.