Zion

It’s a beautiful restaurant, but I don’t “get” their food. But that’s just me. And the table to my right. And the table behind me. They would have benefited greatly by having another experienced server on the floor, and a little less waitstaff confusion. You can find their menu in their website at https://www.zion-sbh.com/restaurant

Based on the night that I was there, if you arrive at 7, when they open the door, you should be able to find a parking space.

I like it a lot . . . and understand that the food — which I find to be excellent — isn’t compatible with the preferences of some people. It’s definitely an eclectic fusion of the proprietor / chef’s food experience in diverse areas of Europe, Australia, & St. Barths (he formerly cooked for a time at The Christopher). The open kitchen is a beautiful part of the restaurant’s ambiance . . . genuine performance art! . . . and if inclined to do so, you can sit at a counter facing into the kitchen where the chef will serve you table d’hote. The space is tranquil, in a lovely garden setting, with carefully chosen, beautifully crafted furniture . . . all with generous spaces separating you from other diners. Finally, while I’ve also experienced uneven service on occasion (I’ve eaten there frequently), conversation with friends & guests & a bit of wine have smoothed out this issue.

My meal there was DELICIOUS! The "mashed" potatoes that came with my steak were like cappuccino foam...never had anything like them and they were soooooooo good...and I'm not really a mashed potatoes person. We were a group of six for dinner that night and ALL of our meals were wonderful. I'm looking forward to going back. The menu is not huge, but there is something for everyone. IMG_5147.jpg

Tiffany . . . you perfectly captured the steak & mashed potatoes (“like cappuccino foam!”) dinner!

My meal there was DELICIOUS! The "mashed" potatoes that came with my steak were like cappuccino foam...never had anything like them and they were soooooooo good...and I'm not really a mashed potatoes person. We were a group of six for dinner that night and ALL of our meals were wonderful. I'm looking forward to going back. The menu is not huge, but there is something for everyone. View attachment 51031
Great picture and hope it is available in April.

Hello Kent,
We dined there in November and it was excellent. The main problem on the Island for us, there are too many restaurants and too little time. We will definately be back to Zion.

Izzy- you are hilarious! Your description of Andy’s is funny but I do miss his smile but not his restrooms. PU! Spot on re. the parking lot view!

The rest rooms were completely redone before Andy left the island and Andy proudly accompanied me in person to take photos! I miss him too.