La Licorne

KevinS

Senior Insider
This was posted earleir in the daily menu post, but it deserves its own thread.

Unknown to most people here, and operating quietly under visitor's radar, is La Licorne in Lorient. Some may remember La Licorne as being a nightclub many years ago. Located a bit past the former Hotel Normandie on the road from Lorient towards Petite Saline, the building is now best known as the home of La Bohème restaurant (and formerly Les Artistes and Dom Wok), which is mostly patronized by locals.

Around in the back of La Bohème is a new local restaurant and multipurpose/function space, which has resurrected the La Licorne name. La Licorne is open on Monday through Friday for lunch (10:00 - 15:00) and dinner (18:00 - 21:00). I haven't been there yet, and I haven't seen their menu. They describe their food as "comfort food". Lunch specials may be found on either the Menu St Barth or La Licorne SBH FB pages. Here are today's specials:

La Licorne.JPG

They have nice on street signage. Easy to find. Enjoy! Looking forward to your review.

On the road. On the next drive by I will look to see if more spaces in and around the back.

Thank you Andy for the lunch specials page. We opted to try the new La Licorne for our group to dine today. There is parking at the front and in the rear. The dining area is set under a canopy similar to Les Bananiers. It was very well shaded and provided a pleasant atmosphere. We were among about 12-other diners, all French. There were no smokers amongst the diners, which was nice. The service was excellent, we all ordered the daily special which was Flank Steak, cooked to perfection, served with frites and small salad, rolls and bread. They served 3-styles of sauce to accompany the steak. A mushroom based sauce, a green pepper and pepper corn based sauce and house special (which reminded me of Le Repaire Accura dipping sauce). One comment I can make about the steak, it was much thicker than the typical flank steak, very nice texture and quality of cut. The frites were very good. An excellent value for sure, we will be back!

Wow a great review for a ‘new’ restaurant for us! Glad there were no smokers. We are still disturbed about your QG experience but life goes on.

Thank you Andy for the lunch specials page. We opted to try the new La Licorne for our group to dine today. There is parking at the front and in the rear. The dining area is set under a canopy similar to Les Bananiers. It was very well shaded and provided a pleasant atmosphere. We were among about 12-other diners, all French. There were no smokers amongst the diners, which was nice. The service was excellent, we all ordered the daily special which was Flank Steak, cooked to perfection, served with frites and small salad, rolls and bread. They served 3-styles of sauce to accompany the steak. A mushroom based sauce, a green pepper and pepper corn based sauce and house special (which reminded me of Le Repaire Accura dipping sauce). One comment I can make about the steak, it was much thicker than the typical flank steak, very nice texture and quality of cut. The frites were very good. An excellent value for sure, we will be back!
I look forward to lunch. Thanks for the review

Bob, so unlike your experience in the 'city' earlier in the week, this place a find if you can find it ! Thought of you last nite when we were out at local place for fish n chips among many other items. While there I overheard 'party of 19' as tables were being pushed together in my view...family celebration the nite before graduation over at nearby Parris Island...for an about to be full fledged marine...I watched 1, yes, just 1 server handled the drinks that came quickly, the menus, the ordering, quite amazing for a casual place...Okatie Ale House.

Hello Nancy,
Yes, we all know it can be done and has been done very efficiently, if the desire is there. We have had a wonderful time this week on the Island. When given lemons, make lemonade. I am a glass half full kind of guy. Frankly, have not thought much about it, just reported the facts. Too many restaurants, too little time. Santa Fe tonight for the 2nd time. Once for lunch and tonight for dinner. David is always a winner in our book, never disappoints. We usually go to Tamarind, but have not done so this trip due to prior disappointing reports several weeks ago. Thank you forum for your accurate reporting. We did not sweat it a bit, nor did we go hungry :D

One comment I can make about the steak, it was much thicker than the typical flank steak, very nice texture and quality of cut.

there is flank steak and flank steak. the french cut is bavette d'aloyau and is not the same cut of beef as American butchers call "flank".

Wow, what a great leap into a new place as soon as it appeared on your radar. They must have been quite surprised, and thrilled, when your clan showed up for lunch!

We enjoyed a plat du jour last week consisting of BBQ chicken, ribs, and sausage with a choice of green pepper sauce or BBQ sauce, and frites. We had one of their salted caramel crepes for dessert. Loved the food and vibe!

IMG_4558.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg
IMG_4560.jpg
IMG_4561.jpg