Les Bananiers Lunch 1/13/2020

dadto6

Senior Insider
We enjoyed a wonderful swim and sunning at our Villa. The morning skies were clear and sunning which made for a great morning. We enjoyed sweets this morning at the Petit Colombe bakery in Lorient. Sat at the large table outside under the covered roof area, was extremely pleasant temperatures.

After reading Andy's daily specials on the Forum, I took the decision of Les Bananiers. The special cocktail was Mojito Royal, wow was it loaded. Got a good buzz from just 1-drink. The pork tenderloin was well prepared, very generous in portion and accompanied with a delicious mushroom sauce. The mashed potatoes were excellent. The lunch was economically priced at 13 Euros, we all splurged for dessert. Love Les Bananiers.

Back to the Villa to do some work while the others lounge in the sun and swim and nap. Ahhhh St. Barts!

Tonight is Al Mare at Le Sereno. Looking forward to dining and enjoying Soley perform.

Boy! The lunch at Les Bananiers sounds like a fantastic time & deal (especially the Mojito, LOL!). Enjoy your Sereno dinner . . . I’ll imagine you & family in this great spot, enjoying the lovely ambience & food! (I want to return in my next life as part of your young family!)

And may I add a line or two about our dinner there last night?

We shared the flavorful Thai salad topped with shrimp.
I had the sweetbreads with morels..incredible. Phil had the latest duck breast presentation..honey and pineapple. Both superb. Each dinner was accompanied by a vegetable medley and individual ramekins of dauphinois potatoes. And we even had dessert, tah dah. The special flotation, floating island. To die.

We mer forum members who also seemed to enjoy their dinnersMom everything from pizzas to veal chops.

Bananiers in addition to marvelous pizzas has wonderful dishes too.

Remy is my pizza guy too. Have you tried his special, TARTUFATA. It has as its topping ham, mozzarella, mushrooms and truffles

Amy, I also love TARTUFATA. What a great feeling you get when biting into his specialty! Remy has such a sweet smile, Remy just loves his job, it shows. He works Sooooo hard!

Wow, how have I never dined there before? After Amy and DT6's glowing reviews, I'll be sure to visit this trip.

Amy, did Phil really eat shrimp?

Most shellfish. Also calamari. Just not fish other than a New York bagel with lox, smoked salmon, and cream cheese.

Wow, how have I never dined there before? After Amy and DT6's glowing reviews, I'll be sure to visit this trip.

It was one of Amy and/or Phil’s reviews that enticed us to first visit Les Bananiers last year. Now it’s our favorite restaurant on the island!

Nice breeze, enough parking, room between tables, good service, very good food, good prices and value. It is one of our favorites.

it was nice to meet you Phil and Amy-our dinner at Les Bananiers was outstanding -not only was the food great but the service was top notch and we had allot of fun with our waiters-always have it as one of our go to dinner spots