Entertaining cruise friends

24loar

SBH Insider
We are off to SBH this Wednesday, for I believe our ninth trip. On Saturday the 18th we will be meeting friends who are arriving that morning by cruise ship. I was planning to pick them up in front of Le Repaire, close to the dock for the tender, and take them on a drive around the island. Lunch should be a highlight of our little tour. I was thinking of Le Sereno, if they want elegance, or Les Bananiers for high quality with less ambience (and$$$). Any suggestions? We are early 70s, and this is a Honeymoon cruise for them (we are on a perpetual Honeymoon cruise).
Have the winds died down yet?

Sereno is lovely . . . very special. I also would recommend The Beach Club at Le Toiny — I took some guests from a cruise there for lunch in November, & they loved it.

For first timers I would recommend going to a beach for lunch.
Pearl beach or cheval blanc

Also Santa Fe would be amazing for the view for lunch.
To many choices for just one day.

The Beach Club at Le Toiny is a very special sublime lunch...nice quiet time to catch up with friends in a beautiful setting...
Then I would take your friends in to town to sit at Select for a few cool Heinekens and watch the world go by while the women shop...

Hi. Travel the long way to Toiny. Land Rover to the beach is special ! Or, continue past and head to Eden Rock. (with a cigar stop) We haven’t been to the new space, hopefully going at least once next month, but I am sure it would be a great taste of SBH. Drive slowly past the airport to show them what they missed. Then of course Le Select and then the bank to get more money ! Please be aware as you drive of French girls on scooters, very distracting...

Hi. Travel the long way to Toiny. Land Rover to the beach is special ! Or, continue past and head to Eden Rock. (with a cigar stop) We haven’t been to the new space, hopefully going at least once next month, but I am sure it would be a great taste of SBH. Drive slowly past the airport to show them what they missed. Then of course Le Select and then the bank to get more money ! Please be aware as you drive of French girls on scooters, very distracting...
Very funny . . . and good advice!

A table by the railing at Santa Fe is always about "as good as it gets" for lunch for me...of course lunch by the beach in paradise is neck and neck...