Marche U

debd

Senior Insider
Quick question.

We have a (some would say impractical) routine upon our arrival, which may be subject to change with different flight arrival time this year (very late afternoon). Typically we pick up our car, drive to Flamands to drop off luggage and pick up our multiple reusable bags for the relatively large, first shopping order, and return to do the shopping. With the later flight, and autos that are now able to be secured and locked, we may revisit that this year.

Wondering about the Marche U options for bagging groceries, if you show up sans shopping bags.

Sometimes there are discarded cardboard boxes near checkout for shoppers to use. Once I had to transfer my goods to the car from the shopping cart....not fun. What about throwing a bag or two from home into your suitcase? Or, plan to purchase bags at checkout. Good luck!

We go from Odile Gumbs smiling face to the car to the U parking lot with 1 or 2 shopping bags I bring with me & usually there is one bag maybe 2 bag in the rental car then to the villa since we know the way. Don't know if other rental companies provide bags or not.

Odile always provides bags. Agree- 1 euro a bag is not bad. At a villa, there are usually lots of shopping bags if you are staying at a Villa in Flamands.

Sometimes there are discarded cardboard boxes near checkout for shoppers to use. Once I had to transfer my goods to the car from the shopping cart....not fun. What about throwing a bag or two from home into your suitcase? Or, plan to purchase bags at checkout. Good luck!

Don't laugh, but I don’t think there will be room in our carry ons for an extra toothbrush! Lol.

Flu bug in SBH

There is a very nasty flu bug going around. Hopefully everyone has has their flu shot. Wash hands frequently.. it knocks most people out for 5/6 days!