Wind/Wave Warnings Thru Tuesday 1/14/2020

I can confirm from on-island reporting that is was windy since Saturday but has died down. I took my good friend and first time visitor to Gouverneur beach for a morning swim on Saturday and he got hit by a rogue wave in the surf and ended up with a bad scrape to his face and almost broke his neck. Very scary. Fortunately, he was ok and was able to make it to Nikki Beach for lunch but the near death experience is always something the two of us will remember.

It is very scary and happens in a nano second. Better to find a pool to swim in on days such as these.

We know people who did the same on Saline. The waves are deceptive and one has to have experience swimming in heavy surf- not for novices.

gouverner is really scary sometimes even when the waves are calm, there is always the rogue wave.

I can confirm from on-island reporting that is was windy since Saturday but has died down. I took my good friend and first time visitor to Gouverneur beach for a morning swim on Saturday and he got hit by a rogue wave in the surf and ended up with a bad scrape to his face and almost broke his neck. Very scary. Fortunately, he was ok and was able to make it to Nikki Beach for lunch but the near death experience is always something the two of us will remember.

Yikes, sorry to hear this.
There is no trauma care offered on St Barth at the tiny hospital.

We've had our villa Guests who have been injured by waves...and ended up as patients there.
One, had a wave flip him onto the sand, broke ribs which pierced his lung...could not fly home.

He was an attorney...and spent a few days he told me arguing with his insurance carrier for transit home which did not go well...
Lesson: trip evac. insurance.