Shellona for lunch on a Saturday in January?

Ok, Shellona was good last year, go if you can. But don't miss Nikki, staff is always great as is food, oh... and the music and scenery. Maybe Mango also. My highest rated burger last year. No place is too far from anyplace on the island, except maybe Toiny, but that even is a nice drive. Parking never an issue downtown, just drive around! (rent a small car) Post any places you loved, we are heading down 2/16 !
Have a great trip!

Ok, Shellona was good last year, go if you can. But don't miss Nikki, staff is always great as is food, oh... and the music and scenery. Maybe Mango also. My highest rated burger last year. No place is too far from anyplace on the island, except maybe Toiny, but that even is a nice drive. Parking never an issue downtown, just drive around! (rent a small car) Post any places you loved, we are heading down 2/16 !
Have a great trip!

I will definitely update the group on our experience! Thank you to all for your wonderful recommendations!

Bostonmom - have a great time!!! You really can't go wrong at any of the suggestions above. We had great lunches at Lil Roc (call for reservations they looked a little annoyed when we just showed up) Grain de Sel, Aux Amis at Le Barthelemy (reservations), and Manapany (got a day pass) in December. We did eat at Shellona, besides the feta wrapped in phyllo, it was ok. Nikki's Beach is so much fun any day of the week.

Look forward to reading about your trip.

Charlotte

• [COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]
    Look Aux Amis Plage
    Dining Al Fresco

Sometimes, many times, most times, one finds that it’s simply impossible to leave the sun-drenched beach in beautiful St. Barts. That’s what Aux Amis Plage is all about. Here, the inventive French cuisine of Aux Amis comes to you in dishes expressly designed to be enjoyed with your toes in the sand.​
    OPEN THE MENU
    [/COLOR]
So many choices! So little time! Thank you for the suggestions!

We like Shellona and will almost certainly do one lunch there when we return in March, but its allure for me has faded somewhat since they removed the dining tables from the beach. Sitting upstairs is fine, but not the same. Doing drinks down on the sand is more fun for us. So maybe do lunch in St. Jean (I cannot wait to try to the new Sand Bar --- we have historically LOVED Eden Rock for lunch, I really can't imagine anything better) and then head into Gustavia for drinks and shopping?

Regarding parking in Gustavia, we really never have an issue. If you're willing to drive around the harbor, you'll most likely find something. I honestly don't even really know the rules about time maximums, but we've never gotten a ticket that I can recall. The only real problem we've ever had was last year on our last night, when we returned to our mini to find the inside glass part of one of our side mirrors gone! Not broken off/the result of an accident -- gone, as in stolen. So odd.

Signed, another mom from Boston :)

Thank you, fellow Boston mom! I think we will do St. Jean and then head to Gustavia afterwards. And that is such a strange story re: the mini mirror. I'm sure the rental agency had fun with that one.

Ask your rental car company about the Blue Disk, which allows 90? minutes of parking in certain areas. No Blue Disk or exceeding the time will get you a ticket.

Parking “wheels up” on the sidewalk is permitted on the end of the harbor, across from the Anglican Church, by the big anchor. You’ll see cars doing it elsewhere, but they risk an expensive ticket.

The municipal pay lot on the harbor charges from 8AM until 8PM, Monday through Saturday. Get a ticket on entry, pay at the kiosk in the middle of the lot when you’re ready to exit. It helps to have a few €1, €2, or €0.50 coins to pay with, or you can pay with a chip-and-pin credit card. Use the paid ticket to exit the lot. The 1st 30 minutes should be free.

There is a pay lot across from the airport, next to Marché U. Parking in the Marché U lot can be a challenge. The 1st 60 minutes are free in the adjacent pay lot.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the parking situation, in great detail. I really appreciate it!

Even though you have never experienced the receipt of a parking ticket, please look at other recent threads on the subject. The gendarmes are apparently really cracking down, even in areas that have been left alone for years. The fines are very large- as I recall reading- more than 100 Euros-so be more careful about where you park than in the past.
Thanks for the tip on the Blue Circle. Hopefully Odile can help us on this.

Even though you have never experienced the receipt of a parking ticket, please look at other recent threads on the subject. The gendarmes are apparently really cracking down, even in areas that have been left alone for years. The fines are very large- as I recall reading- more than 100 Euros-so be more careful about where you park than in the past.
Thanks for the tip on the Blue Circle. Hopefully Odile can help us on this.

The Blue circle is the parking disc that comes with the car

3488413E-8BB6-4B30-AC1C-E71BF0A970B9.png

Ahhh- thought it was something new- forgot it is Blue. Yes Odile has always given us one. We keep track and keep changing the time on the disc as the time progresses. Gustavia is not that big of a town and I love to walk.

Hello - we are heading to St. Bart's for the first time next week, and are eager to check out various beaches and restaurants. We were hoping to head to the beach on Saturday at Gouverneur, followed by lunch at Santa Fe but apparently Santa Fe will only be open for dinner that day. Will Shellona be mobbed at lunch time on a Saturday? I tried to secure a reservation but no one responds. Is it worth the effort/cost if we can even get in? Do you have any other lunch recommendations not too far from Gouverneur? I realize this particular beach is remote... I really appreciate your guidance!

The best way to reserve a table at Shellona is to go the web-site and use the link to e-mail your reservation. I did just that, this morning, for Valentine’s Day lunch for 4 and got confirmation within the hour.