Shared Tradewinds Charter SJU-SBH Thanksgiving 2020?

hmilgrom01

SBH Member
Tradewinds Air charter: SJU - SBH Nov 21-28, 2020

We're a family of (3) interested in sharing a roundtrip Tradewinds charter flight from San Juan to SBH Nov 21-28.

Our flights:

AA #395 Sat 11/21 arr SJU 3:00 PM
AA #395 Sat 11/28 depart SJU 3:17 PM

If anyone is interested in putting together a group to meet these times please get in touch. Thanks!

Why are you going to do charter, rather than scheduled flights? Are the latter not available?

Hi CEC1: The TW calendar for scheduled flights won't open until spring and I've reserved low-price non-stop AA seats. I'm also concerned about the availability vs. demand for the scheduled flights during a holiday week. The Tradewind rep said they usually only have 2 flights on that route in the late afternoon, (8 passengers per flight) which means only 16 seats total. Worried we will get shut out, and then stuck in San Juan with no way to SBH.....
not sure if this makes sense but I'm just trying to lock down my trip any way I can.

I expect that, if you stay in touch with Tradewind, you'll be able to get the seats you need when they open for booking. Your AA flights are compatible with the normal schedule of Tradewind -- a 4:20 flight on 11/21, for example, and one on the 28th around 11:30 AM. I've found Tradewind people to be very accommodating . . . just important to stay in touch with them. On the other hand, I'm sure that a private charter would be very nice.

I agree with cec1, stay in close touch with Tradewind. In any case, American may very well change your flight times between now and then. Which could mess with an agreed shared charter.

We’ve had same concerns and asked Tradewind to alert us when the flights for that day open up. They contacted us and we had our pick of any flight at any available time.

Thanks for all replies.....I agree that TW customer service is very helpful and put me on the notificatoin list.....I just have to pre-pay the villa deposit and worried about not being able to get there! Happy New year to all

Agreed with everyone else. If you just check Tradewind's schedule once or twice a week, you'll be able to nab tickets as soon as they go on sale. We do it all the time, and we've never had a problem booking that far out and not getting our pick of any flight we want. You'll also save a ton of money by booking a regularly scheduled charter.

And, like you, we always pre-book our accommodations a year in advance well ahead of any airline tickets or Tradewind tickets being on sale. No need to stress over it. Just check out the Tradewind site once or twice a week to make sure you know when your desired dates of travel are available to book, and you'll be fine.