Wine Prices

Trinigerl

SBH Insider
Have any long/old timers notice the high prices at restaurants? Especially for a bottle of wine? We have been going for years, we’ve been in March, June, July ( with our kids) and December. For the past 10 years or so we started going for New Years. Last two years we went to Barbados for Christmas- NY because of Irma.

We like to share a bottle of wine for dinner 😉 we were surprised at most of the restaurants that we couldn’t find a bottle of wine for less than 100 euros. We did ask at Bonito if they had that 39,040 euro bottle of wine and they said yes:eek:. We had dinner ate at Eddy’s, Black Ginger, Bonito, L’Isola, Le Bar de L'Oubli..

On a good note we were happy that Le Select still had great prices, needless to say we had several glasses of Rose for 3 euros and enjoyed the 5 euros burger too.

Just Curious

Yes, restaurants definitely are showing higher prices. However, by comparison, I recently saw a menu for a restaurant in San Francisco with a luncheon item at $1,200 -- some sort of fish, stuffed with caviar. Haven't seen SBH prices going there (yet).

We have a little at the Villa beforehand except for the designated driver and drink less at any given restaurant. We find the best prices on the island for wine at a retail store is in Public- in the industrial area on the way towards Gustavia or on the way out.

We are looking forward to three wonderful weeks at the end of April into May at Villa CEC. I get up early and head to the bakery for almond croissants and two baguettes. Denise and I make coffee and prepare the pamplemousse. We bring out the butter to the outside table and the feast begins. Everything tastes better at CEC. What is leftover from the baguettes is used for sandwiches on the beach of the day.

I know the rhythm of your mornings, Kent! And I’m glad that you’ll have a long time to enjoy it! No need to hurry . . . something about “island time.”

We are looking forward to three wonderful weeks at the end of April into May at Villa CEC. I get up early and head to the bakery for almond croissants and two baguettes. Denise and I make coffee and prepare the pamplemousse. We bring out the butter to the outside table and the feast begins. Everything tastes better at CEC. What is leftover from the baguettes is used for sandwiches on the beach of the day.
I’m not sure what that have to do with wine prices but oh well enjoy your left over bread

Yes we look for his ouvert sign . We always get our NYE drinks from him and he throws in the plastic champagne glasses for free. His prices for taittinger rose and regular has gone up also.