"In transit" procedure from SXM to SBH post hurricane

Jammin' Joy, please read my post above. St. Barth Commuter will fetch your checked bags for you when you land in SXM and load them on the plane to SBH. You will be able to use the In Transit route and not have to go through Customs and the full security line again.

If you have questions about this service, reach out to St. Barth Commuter and they will verify details. There's no need to worry about carry-on only if you fly with them.

Caribcarol

Hello,

Here is our procedure in St Maarten :

St Maarten Juliana international airport is partially open on the ground floor, since its re-opening following the hurricane IRMA in 2017.

In the new arrival area, our agent will be waiting for passengers with a St Barth Commuter sign inside the terminal, after teh first door just before immigration.
Important : we remind you that you must not pass immigration to get out because we do not have a counter outside the transit area.

Our agent wil register our flight on presentation :

• Passports
  • Bagagge receipts of the international flight : we advise to photograph them because to facilitate the transfer, our agent will pick up the luggage to re-check them on our flight. To help us to identify baggage more easily, we ask our passengers to attach a yellow ribbon to one of the baggage handles.
  • The boarding pass of the arrival flight to Juliana which will allow us to justify the transit of our passengers and to avoid the tax of 35€

Our agent will then hand over our boarding pass so that the passenger can pass the security and immigration filters to access to the departure lounge.

When the plane will be loaded and ready for boarding, our agent will come to the boarding gate (the door number will appear on our boarding pass) and proceed with the boarding process.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Cordialement,
Best Regards,

Pauline
St Barth Commuter
Service Réservation / Reservation Department
+ 590 590 275 454
info@stbarthcommuter.com
www.stbarthcommuter.com

Nous vous souhaitons de très belles fêtes de fin d’année !
We wish you all the best for Christmas and New Year !

Dear Jammin' Joy - Do not stress yourself out about the clothes, pack what you want and use the VIP service, it's nickels and dimes compared to the overall bleed and reduces the stress. You will find most everyone almost a nice as Lee Perry at the Cascades. Have a wonderful time

Dear Jammin' Joy - Do not stress yourself out about the clothes, pack what you want and use the VIP service, it's nickels and dimes compared to the overall bleed and reduces the stress. You will find most everyone almost as nice as Lee Perry at the Cascades. Have a wonderful time

Two things:

1. The transit process for us in November was just as Jeanette described. So checking a bag is really no big deal.

In fact, checking a bag has never been a big deal for us, even when the airport was a disaster. We bring carryons too, and only check what we can live without in one shared suitcase....snorkel gear (Randy) and extra clothes and shoes (me). Plenty of room for anything we might pick up on the island. Most likely your bag will get there eventually. Only paid for an airport service once, when we had a super tight connection on San Juan. Go figure, the checked bag made it just fine.

2. It is completely possible to do a week (or more) with just carryon. You need a quality bag and the largest personal item allowed. You still won’t wear it all.

Done both. I prefer to check one bag cause I want what I want with me. But you can do carryon and look fab. As others say, leave the bulky stuff behind (sweaters?) and buy some lovely things there. You can always buy another carryon and check on the way back! (Done that too)